Northbridge/Southbridge processing

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kevin I think like many who were refining karat scrap that the supplies are drying up but using your hard gained knowledge your looking for and finding other things to process, well done I'm sure you will succeed. Sorry I'm not the one to answer this but I'm sure one of our clever e scrap refining members will step in and give you advice and knowing you I'm sure you will walk through it easily.

Hi Kevin!
Here are some ideas:
http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=12631&hilit=processing+flat+packs#p125910

Also check Patnor's http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=11827&p=159448&hilit=processing+black+chips#p159402

Take care!
Phil

Kevin, the balls on the backside is just solder balls. they have a slightly higher percentage of silver than the solder used on the rest of the board. put them through a hcl bath to remove the solder balls. i run the bases (once the solder balls are removed) through AR to remove the goldplated traces and pads.

I hope you are saving the tops from them, evidently that is where the bulk of the gold is. :)

(edit for spelling)

oldgeek said:
I hope you are saving the tops form them, evidently that is where the bulk of the gold is. :)

Well over 95% of gold is inside that black plastic.

What you have on your picture is virtually nothing.

oldgeek said:
I hope you are saving the tops from them, evidently that is where the bulk of the gold is.

I already put the black part with the ICs and flatpacks to be processed later.

Geo said:
Kevin, the balls on the backside is just solder balls. they have a slightly higher percentage of silver than the solder used on the rest of the board. put them through a hcl bath to remove the solder balls. i run the bases (once the solder balls are removed) through AR to remove the goldplated traces and pads.

Thanks Geo, always great stuff from you guys.

patnor1011 said:
oldgeek said:
I hope you are saving the tops form them, evidently that is where the bulk of the gold is. :)

Well over 95% of gold is inside that black plastic.

What you have on your picture is virtually nothing.

Your advise on how to process flatpacks is perfect, I will process and post pictures, Can blow torch be used instead of coal fire?

Thanks and regards,
Kevin

Yes, I use torch when I do some samples or very small quantities. I regard it as slow. You have to direct flame and move it from one to another... Coal served me well, I put larger amount in there for 15 minutes and they are baked crispy :)

Latest posts

Back