• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale Not a Clue What I Have...

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darren

Hi everyone!

I'm hoping to receive some information and hopefully direction on what to do with something I found in my Grandfather's garage upon his passing. It is an unopened tin from Ault and Wiborg - division of Interchemical, Canada (per the can). Printed on the label is "Net 1 LB Gold Powder 9L16081" and the date of "July 5-66".

My research so far is that this is an additive for printing and offset inks which makes sense since my grandfather worked in the paper mills for many years. My mother said this was what they used for making their premium gold paper.

Does anyone know if is this worth anything more than just a memento? I don't really want to break the seal to have it tested, so I'm hoping someone on this forum can offer advice and/or suggest what it might be worth if I were to sell it.

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO INSERT A PICTURE??? I don't have a URL or HTTP:\ web address for my pictures...

Thank you very much in advance.

Darren

Hi everyone!

I'm hoping to receive some information and hopefully direction on what to do with something I found in my Grandfather's garage upon his passing. It is an unopened tin from Ault and Wiborg - division of Interchemical, Canada (per the can). Printed on the label is "Net 1 LB Gold Powder 9L16081" and the date of "July 5-66".

My research so far is that this is an additive for printing and offset inks which makes sense since my grandfather worked in the paper mills for many years. My mother said this was what they used for making their premium gold paper.

Does anyone know if is this worth anything more than just a memento? I don't really want to break the seal to have it tested, so I'm hoping someone on this forum can offer advice and/or suggest what it might be worth if I were to sell it.

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO INSERT A PICTURE??? I don't have a URL or HTTP:\ web address for my pictures...

Thank you very much in advance.

Darren
Welcome to us.
There is a image icon in the top part of the box where you write your post.
Press that and find your picture on your device.
Select it and post.

Latest posts

Back