Old cellphone boards

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jhr

Hi guys.What do you think of 10kg of old cellphone boards. Do you think its the time worth to get the little bit of gold out of it. Or do you think its just a waste of time.

That's better. Easier to understand you too.

If all you have is 10 kilos of old cellphone boards then I would say sell it on eBay, but if you want to learn to recover and refine gold it's a good start. It isn't the best type of scrap to learn refining on, we usually recommend gold plated fingers for that.

Use the search function, there are a lot of threads on recovering gold from cellphone boards.

If it is worth your time, only you can decide. I'm saving it for a slow day or retirement, whatever comes first. Only 15 years left until retirement, so it will probably come first! :mrgreen:

Göran

Im used to refine cpu,s.But never did cellphone boards.Think i must sell it and stick to stuff that i know thank you for your replays.

If you have some experience with recovery then moving on to cellphone boards would not be a huge challenge. Surely you would just have to depopulate the boards, deal with the solder, then AP the boards and process the chips. I assume you are already aware of the relevant safety and waste disposal issues.

Yes its easy said.But is it worth your time to do it.It just seems to me its alot of work for almost nothing.But i think ill give it a chance. thank you for the replay.

Latest posts

Back