Old Zilog Chips

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mls26cwru

Supporting Member
I figured I would check here to see if any of you guys know much about these... I found some of these older Zilog chips in a few allen-bradly controller boards. Does anyone know about yields? or if there is collector value to these?

Thanks again,
Mike

Attachments

• 20160809_080004.jpg
    20160809_080004.jpg
    3.6 MB
As it says on top of the chip, the Z80B is a CPU. If the pins are there
and in decent shape, that one may be worth $10 to $15 to a collector.

The others are "support chips" and although pretty and gold capped,
they don't normally carry a lot of collector value. It is normally only
the CPU's that the collectors are interested in owning.

However, if they are still in the original packaging they will sell. 8)
ADV Research collector chip sale May 2016.jpg

Thank you guys, I guess I will try to put the CPUs up on Ebay and maybe save the other ones for self refining if they have that much gold in them :eek:

I picked them up in a large lot of controller boards and all the chips are in pristine condition, so I was very careful when removing them... I have about 1.5lbs of the larger ones! Picked up the lot for $100, so im grinning 8)

GSP - Is there any other PM's in decent amounts to look out for if I do try to refine these? I have never attempted ceramic chips before.

GSP - Is there any other PM's in decent amounts to look out for if I do try to refine these? I have never attempted ceramic chips before.
The legs are held on with a silver/copper braze but It's such a relatively small amount, dollarwise, I wouldn't worry about it. There are no platinum group metals. It's strictly a gold proposition.

Latest posts

Back