Organic AR? Selective Nobel Metal Digestion? Interesting!

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NobleMetalWorks

I have caught bits and parts of different articles eluding to organic methods of dissolving Au into solution. This has been one of the best ones thus far. I thought the selective digestion of specific Nobel Metals was very interesting.

Click here

Supporting scientific papers written by the researcher mentioned in the article, formulas, etc.

Click here

Has anyone on the board used organic chemistry like this, to recover or refine Gold or other Nobel Metals?

fascinating!
looks like right up our alley, except for the part about waste being harmful to environment.
It'll probably be a while before it's more economical than AR, but it's well worth investigating.

1. No water is permitted in its presence
2. unagreeable smell
3. all "inert" solvents (e.g. pyridine, acetonitryl)
need to be perfectly pure in order to prevent
production of byproducts which are more
unagreeable.
To summarize: the basic infrastructure must
be very advanced - very nearly a closed system

I am working on a long carbon chain of molecules (in the form of seed husks) that in the right combination selectively recovers and reduces precious metals from complex (or simple) solutions. But this is not the use of organic acids. I never have used any such critters.

I am working on this as a means of recovering precious metals from acidic mine waste solutions. Thus far the mixture does an excellent job of recovering noble metals from acidic and alkaline solutions. So far it doesn't work on anything around neutral pH.

Randy

Latest posts

Back