Palladium or rhodium?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spunky1

I am getting two reactions when precipitating with DMG. The precip in the picture is a rose pink color. Initialy on adding DMG to solution, solution starts to change colors then starts dropping a fluffy yellow precip as solution goes closer to neutral ph. I let the yellow precip settle then began to slowly acidify solution. As the ph decreased the yellow precip began to disappear to which the pink precip started to drop. Would these reactions be a combination of palladium and rhodium or?IMG_20200912_091903.jpg

I seem to remember seeing a couple of other posts in this thread as well. I checked the moderators log and no one has deleted any posts, so it probably happened when our web host suffered a SQL error and we were down for a few days. Looks like we lost some posts.

Dave

Test on solution with potassium iodide. Any ideas? Ive seen colored reactions before but not a metallic precipitate. IMG_20200920_184745.jpg

Latest posts

Back