Paying on Assay

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With handwash tanks I always asked my customers to pour a bottle of bleach down the sink the day or a few days before I came to empty it, it kills a lot of the stench but be aware the content that create the stench is rotting dead human skin so wear gloves and wash yourself well after emptying.
You can create a simple catch system using a large tall bucket that then empties into a slightly shorter one outside it and then another before running it into the waste pipes or use a box and create baffles to slow the flow of water to allow the values to settle.

nickvc said:
You can create a simple catch system using a large tall bucket that then empties into a slightly shorter one outside it and then another before running it into the waste pipes or use a box and create baffles to slow the flow of water to allow the values to settle.
The jeweler we rent our Guild shop from used a similar setup, because his (now former) employee liked to pour investment down the sink. It was basically a couple of large plastic trash bins, a sump pump, and some PVC.

Latest posts

Back