Pentium 4 computers and OLD VHS and other equipment

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kirth

I am going in at scrapping for gold as a first timer. I have a lot of Pentium 4 CPU Computers and ram and all that jazz. I also have alot of really old and big VHS broad cast editors and other machines of this type. My question is: other than ripping anything that I think might have gold in it, could I rip off capacitors and transistors to sell online as well? or is getting these parts from these old machines not worth it? Second question ( and this is probably a post some were.) How do I get the gold off of processor pins? I saw many videos with heat guns and blow torches yet mine dont seem to get hot enough for the pins to fall out. they just bend or curl up when I attempt to pull them off with pliers while they are heated.

Pictures would be helpful. As far as getting the gold off the pins, that topic is posted all over the forum. The process is called refining. There are so many steps and each step has it's own set of steps. It is a very multilayered process. I lurked on the forum for months before I joined. I was a member for almost a year before I dissolved my first gold to recover. It takes a lot of study. Even if you stood and watched someone do it, it is very unlikely that you could then do the process correctly the first time you try. It takes time and patience to learn how to refine gold. Every process to refine escrap has been covered on this forum. It is up to you to search and find the information.
Good luck.

Latest posts

Back