pH for cementation

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both, as well as any gossanous material or enrichment zones associated with or adjacent to it
Hi
Thanks for your reply. Somehow I missed this. I have started from dried river bed that came from those mountains with chromite mine and Serpentine.

I have a post about this titled placer rhodium.

Thanks and best regards
Kj

No worries, it looks like you are doing really well with it.
As a follow up to this thread this is the bacterially recovered Gold concentrate from my latest processing experiments.
Grain size is up to 6mm, achievable in a 2 month period from solution.
IMG_20220307_220230~3.jpg

Cheers Wal

Thankyou for the many people that have contributed to the knowledge on this forum, without it my journey of discovery in this field would not have been possible.
After many years I feel that I can finally call myself competent at extraction and refining Gold by a range of methods.

Cheers Wal

Attachments

• IMG_20220815_105647~2.jpg
    IMG_20220815_105647~2.jpg
    314.9 KB · Views: 0
This is a couple of pics from an experiment I did a while back.
It was to explore the utilisation and replacement of organic materials by bacteria in an active bacterial deposition zone. The idea was to look at the feasibility of sustainable harvesting methods from groundwater based on my prior observations
The bacteria will completely replace the organic matter with metals as they utilise it, this was one of the first experiments I did in this area of interest, using leaf litter in a buried container.
I have since done many more.
Snapshot_20220422~2.JPG
This is a microscope shot of deposited metals.
IMG_20211118_070849_3~2.jpg
And this is the recovered material after a 6 month period.
Later experiments showed that full replacement can happen in as little as 12 months in natural conditions.

Cheers Wal

This is a couple of pics from an experiment I did a while back.
It was to explore the utilisation and replacement of organic materials by bacteria in an active bacterial deposition zone. The idea was to look at the feasibility of sustainable harvesting methods from groundwater based on my prior observations
The bacteria will completely replace the organic matter with metals as they utilise it, this was one of the first experiments I did in this area of interest, using leaf litter in a buried container.
I have since done many more.
View attachment 56626
This is a microscope shot of deposited metals.
View attachment 56627
And this is the recovered material after a 6 month period.
Later experiments showed that full replacement can happen in as little as 12 months in natural conditions.

Cheers Wal
Interesting indeed :)

Things have been on hold a while due to health issues, I'll be back to work soon.
These 2 pics are of a PGM rich mineral that I have been working on for a few years.
The composition of it appears to be variable within a range, presenting as a solid solution series with several interchangeable building blocks.
It contains Tellurium
Snapshot_20220708_8.JPG

Snapshot_20220710_5.JPG

Cheers Wal

Last edited:
Back