Pics of an ap process I'm doing

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wavecrazed

I did about 400 grams of fingers. These are the pics so far. I amusing the hcl clorox now and it is not disolving the gold totally after 30 minutes. 4 to 1 ratio of hcl/ clorox.
pics321.jpg
How many grams of sodium metalbisulphite should I make a solution with drop it out. I have 25 grams of pill form here from homebrewing.
pics318.jpg

Are you stirring it? Try adding a little more clorox and stir.
I always use SMB in powder form and just stir it in, and I
add more if needed. I would crush the pills to powder first.
You should be able to get smb in powder form from a brewery
supply.
Jim

Your solution needs to be filtered until it's 100% free of sediment and cloudiness before you add any SMB.

As Jim stated, HCl-Cl works with lots of stirring. If you are getting strong chlorine fumes you are adding your Clorox too fast.

Add small amounts and stir until no more fizzing is seen when stirring.

A little heat helps.

Steve

I would not add heat to a fruit jar, use an old coffee craft or pyrex beaker

Hi everyone. I woke up this morning and mixed 2 0z of hcl and 1/4 oz of clorox. Put it in there and it soon melted the rest of the gold. I then strained it to get the good clear gold stuff. Then I added 100 ml of water mixed with 25 grams of smb. After 5 hours I am getting black sand looking precipretation. My computer crashed last night so the pic is not available. Not sure if I put in enough smb though as it was all I had.

wavecrazed said:
Hi everyone. I woke up this morning and mixed 2 0z of hcl and 1/4 oz of clorox. Put it in there and it soon melted the rest of the gold. I then strained it to get the good clear gold stuff. Then I added 100 ml of water mixed with 25 grams of smb. After 5 hours I am getting black sand looking precipretation. My computer crashed last night so the pic is not available. Not sure if I put in enough smb though as it was all I had.

Did you boil the solution after you filtered it to remove the traces of chlorine? If not your gold might be going back into solution. Black sand after 5 hours dosen't sound right, you should have seen a reaction within a short time after you added the SMB.

wavecrazed said:
Not sure if I put in enough smb though as it was all I had.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

25 grams of smb ? Was it just for that little bit of foils ?

wavecrazed said:
Hi everyone. I woke up this morning and mixed 2 0z of hcl and 1/4 oz of clorox. Put it in there and it soon melted the rest of the gold.
That's absolutely amazing! :shock: I had no idea you could generate that much heat by combining the two :!:

:idea: :idea: :idea:

Oh, hey! Wait a minute :!:

I think what you really meant to say is that you combined the two, and the results were that they dissolved the rest of the gold.

That would make more sense, and they are not the same thing.

It really helps when you use the proper terminology when discussing these processes. Those with little experience can get the wrong impression.

Harold

True dat Harold. I will use proper terminology next post. I read that now I need to decant and washhe gold again in hcl straight with no dilution? How much hcl? Thanks in advance.

Latest posts

Back