plastic in AP?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kronix

Forgive me if this has been asked before but i was wondering if plastic is ok in AP? i dont want to foul my solution. also can you use acetone or a solvent to remove the green mask? thanks.

also ive seen not to add anything magnetic or ferrous in AP, can i ask why?

Plastic is ok with AP.

Check out the solder mask removal video on my website (link below).

Magnetic metals tend to contain iron which interrupts the recycling of the copper I chloride back to the desired copper II chloride in the AP solution which is the fundamental reason AP works and is reusable.

Check out the Gudied Tour link and my post on Acid Peroxide Q & A .

The Copper Chloride etchant document is a great read for details on what makes acid perxoide tick.

Steve

Some plastics will breakdown in AP run a test. Some plastic will become "gummy". I know that some plastic connectors from MB like the ones for ribbon cables will be fine, while other connectors on light drives will break down. It works the other way also. Test, and save the ones that breakdown for incineration with your filters.

Eric

etack said:
Some plastics will breakdown in AP run a test. Some plastic will become "gummy". I know that some plastic connectors from MB like the ones for ribbon cables will be fine, while other connectors on light drives will break down. It works the other way also. Test, and save the ones that breakdown for incineration with your filters.

Eric

i agree, some types of pvc sockets will break down making a black goo trapping your foils.

Latest posts

Back