plastic wire bag disolved in AR now i have prpblems

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cataze

i tried the subzero method for my virgin voyage and you can just call me titanic. Everything went wrong after my plastic wire bag dissolved and the Oklahoma winds started blowing. Needless to say; I ended up filtering the acid about 15 times to avoid any contaminants in my pure gold. I did keep all coffee filters after rinsing them in a jar of distilled water which i also kept (of course) but the urea never fizzed and i added the precipitant which went to brown as expected but now real mud and now its stuck there. It never went to the clear color described. Help me someone please, I am about as low as I can be at this point. I am desperate! Where's me gold? ARRRR!!

This question has been asked many times. Use the search function and type in where’s my gold. Put all of your solutions filters and chemicals away in a safe place then go to Palladium's posts you will find a free download for Hoke. It will show you the way. Read, Read, and READ some more until it makes sense. Then you will be able to test and recover and refine your missing gold and other PGMs.
Good luck, work safe and be safe.
Mark

seawolf said:
This question has been asked many times. Use the search function and type in where’s my gold. Put all of your solutions filters and chemicals away in a safe place then go to Palladium's posts you will find a free download for Hoke. It will show you the way. Read, Read, and READ some more until it makes sense. Then you will be able to test and recover and refine your missing gold and other PGMs.
Good luck, work safe and be safe.
Mark
This advice (which I endorse highly) may sound harsh and uncaring, but until you gain a basic understanding of how these processes work, you will remain confused and likely experience nothing but trouble. What you need is knowledge, not a handout.

Read Hoke, and do that until it makes sense. Once you understand what she teaches, you can then make intelligent decisions. You will then also be able to ask intelligent questions, and understand the responses you are likely to receive.

Be patient.

Learn first.

Refine second.

Your gold is not lost---just don't toss anything. ANYTHING! Not until you understand the processes should you elect to discard anything.

Pay STRICT attention to testing. Until you understand stannous chloride, do not ask questions about where your gold is. That will only alienate you from the pack.

Harold

Back