platinum

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

photoman304

how can i retrieve platinum from a colloid solution with platinum nanoparticles in it , i have been told its by either evaporation or electrolysis any ideas please?

photoman304 said:
how can i retrieve platinum from a colloid solution with platinum nanoparticles in it , i have been told its by either evaporation or electrolysis any ideas please?

Might want to make pH 0 and then boil for a day or two.

Sometimes if the pH is above 5 you may be well served adding egg white then boiling. Decant and then evaporate down.

Platinum colloids are the devil to filter.

Another option is to add in some a small amount of zinc chloride (this depends on the Pt loading in solution) and bring pH to 10. This acts as a coagulating agent. Boil for a few hours. Let settle, decant, filter, then remove zinc hydroxide with dilute HCl.

Then aqua regia for the Pt, or else 6M HCl and peroxide until the solution is clear.

Lou

hi lou thanks,is there an amount of zinc chloride to add to xml of the solution. then aqua regia for the platinum, what does this mean an how is this done, and using the hcl way where is the platinum once the solution is clear, as you can see i know nothing about this process

Latest posts

Back