Please Help I'm Frustrated.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rookie15

I have a coffee pot full of gold scrap that somebody used muriatic acid and peroxide after they mixed it they forgot about it and left it outside for quite some time now it's all hard and green how can I extract gold from this mess?

Welcome to the forum.
What kind of scrap are we talking? Jewelry or e-scrap?
Do you have a picture?
Covering it with tapwater and treating it as waste may be the best option for you for now.
https://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=1300
Depending on what kind of base metals are in there, different approaches are needed.

Study the forum and the safety section. That gold is trapped in toxic metal salts.
Keep it covered to prevent any dust blowing out.
Ask here first before you attempt anything.
Martijn.

Place the container in a plastic 5 gallon bucket and add a gallon of HCl. Make sure the HCl level is over the top of the coffee pot by a couple of inches. Any chloride salts will dissolve. Any metallic gold will remain metallic and solid. Cover the bucket and let the chlorides dissolve. In about a week, uncover the bucket and carefully decant the solution into another bucket. Watch for any gold foils. If you see any, begin filtering from that point. Filter the remaining solution and check the contents of the coffee pot. There may still be solids or even a mass. If so, try to brake it up and just add to the bucket. Add fresh HCl until all of the solid mass dissolves.

Add air with the hcl. Go back to the ap process. You're going to need oxygen for that copper.

Latest posts

Back