Poor man's AR

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should add your nitrate in several doses not all at once. Don't stop at a predetermined point based upon a set amount of nitrate. If you don't do the math you will be flying blind and will have to judge the endpoint of the reaciton by the metals remaining on the scrap. Even if you do the math you still will have to judge the endpoint of the reaction by the remaining metals on the scrap, not the amount of nitric used.

The yellow/white powder can also contain tungsten oxides which will not wash out. They can be removed from your gold solution with several filter cycles with lots of rinsing.

Steve

lazersteve said:
You should add your nitrate in several doses not all at once. Don't stop at a predetermined point based upon a set amount of nitrate
Hi Steve, what i have done was put nitrate in the solution several times.I was checking the evolution but looking inside the jar, or taking one to see how it was going .
I have the final result i had a lot of fun testing with stannous and all that stuff thanks to you guys.
I ended up with 1.2g AU. I made the test using more less 700g of ceramic cpu's( 2x Pentium pro and rest pentium 1 and 486). I have to say i've made stupid thing during the test, i didn't remove the golden on the top (like the ones on Pentium pro), don't know if it makes difference or not, i made a mistake in the beginning and stopped the reaction like you can see on the first post.
I have some questions.I'm a bit disappointed to be honest i was expecting about 2g or a bit more.
When its the right time to stop adding smb to drop the gold ? I put two spoons, and waited 24 hours, tested with stannous, positive, add a little more, and then filter. Should i put more until it's negative, or i will get false positives?
Should i run the broken cpu's into another AR like i've read here on the forum? I know i'm a rookie but how much do you guys think i could get on this amount of cpu's.

Thank you all

Attachments

• 20120417086.jpg
    20120417086.jpg
    596.7 KB

Latest posts

Back