Poorman AR

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cly9412

After I have all the gold melted in my poormans ar.When I poor off the solution there is still a bucnch of yellow gold solution still in my parts and on the cpu's.I'm wandering if it's ok to rince the cpu's with more muratic so I dont take a chance of useing to much water.If my batch is 1500 ml of poormans ar.How much water would be to much.

cly9412 said:
After I have all the gold melted in my poormans ar.When I poor off the solution there is still a bucnch of yellow gold solution still in my parts and on the cpu's.I'm wandering if it's ok to rince the cpu's with more muratic so I dont take a chance of useing to much water.If my batch is 1500 ml of poormans ar.How much water would be to much.
Gold doesn't *melt* in this circumstance, it dissolves. There's a huge difference.

I'm not sure I understand why you think you may use too much water. Unless you intend to evaporate, that's never a concern. You can recover gold from very dilute solutions. By all means, rinse the material until you have removed all of the gold chloride, even if that means you must evaporate. No need to use HCl, for it's primarily just water, anyway. Tap water will serve the need perfectly well. It's all I ever used when I refined (gold only, not for silver).

Harold

If you have un-dissolved gold left in your container, then your solution has exhausted itself. Filter off your solution and start a new batch. Portman’s aqua regia is a weaker solution than if you had nitric acid to begin with.

Harlod.Yes I ment dissolve.Not melted.So even if I put alot off water the smb will still percipate the gold out.Say if you had 100ml of gold already dissolved in ar and you added that to 1000ml of water.Would smb still drop the gold out of that.I'm shure it would'nt be an acid anymore with that much water.

Adding water will not change the pH of a solution, it will only dilute the acidic solution of acid and metals salts (dissolved in solution), waters pH is neutral, so it will not shift pH one way or the other.(make acidic or basic). (H2O = H+ + OH-).

A pinch of salt (sodium chloride) in your rinse water will help stabilize the glean of HAuCl4-4H20 from your insols.
Dr. Poe

Latest posts

Back