Poormans AR Trun Yellow when adding the H2o

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oef62nd

Hey

Need a little help, this is my frist run of poormans AR

1. 17 Intel CPU's all the same....2.2 g of gold out of them I hope ?

2. Did all the steps by the book from lazersteve, notes

3. In step 12 Dilute with equal volume of tap water. that's when the mix trun a yellow color...??? Is that right

4. went on to step 13 Filter until 100% free of sediment and suspended particles ( there was some sediment in the filter Light color look like sand)

5. Then added the SMB to the yellow solution. The color now is dark Brown/Black going to wait until morning to see if gold power droped

Can anyone see some thing wrong ??

Thanks

I would have to say from the sounds of it, all is well. Depending upon the chip though, I couldn't say whether or not to expect 2.2 grams.

Depending on how long it takes to drop though, I would say there is an odd contaminate. I believe this to be colloidal gold? If the precip drops slowly, more than a day, either you dissolved some plastic? , or you could still have nitrates involved redissolveing the precipitated gold.

Here's a good link to the subject.

http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=4519&highlight=colloidal

Always remember to check your waste solutions with stannous.

Hope to See your Nugget Pics,
Nick

Thanks just waiting they were pen's old ones ceramic

CPU's were clean.....no pins...only a light color sand few of the little plates
with the gold off them. Some cpu.s had the gold plate in the middle still there only two or three will reuse them later

once again thanks

the yellow color is a good thing a got around 1/2 g out of it...did more batchs and then they are yellow the gold is good......the smb wroks great..

:wink:

Back