Power amplifier (PA)

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amt

Hello miner!!

Can anybody tell me if amplifier power from cell phone contain gold?

I have one lb of them.

Thanks!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB
All modern active electronic components that I know contain gold.
Take off those lids to see what is under.

While many newer electronic items contain gold, it is usually much less than what was found in older electronics. Since the 1980's electronic manufacturer have found ways of using much less precious metals than before. Simple economics dictate they must mass produce items as inexpensively as possible. Also, the price of gold was around $400 per ounce in the 80's and has spiked as high as $2000 recently and has since settled down to around $1060 per ounce. Also, if manufacturers can find something which works almost as well as gold, but is much cheaper, they will usually substitute. Some of the areas where gold is still used heavily are telecommunications, spacecraft, satellites, and military uses. Unfortunately, for the average hobbyist, these are difficult to attain.

If the parts in your pictures are from recent cell phones, the solder may contain some silver. To be rohs compliant, many electronics manufacturers now use solder which contains no lead at all. In this case, some have formulated solder containing more silver. The bottom line is if it doesn't make a lot of sense to have precious metals in it, it probably doesn't. Newer items contain less PM's than older items. These are two rules of thumb that I use to look at anything where I am in doubt as to whether it is valuable or not.

Hope this sheds some light on your questions.

Thanks you for our answers!!

Today i remove the lids and i see with a microscope and have see gold.
It the same that ccd camera cell phone.
small gold thread into a silica core.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back