precious metals from dental scrap

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

medmatman

Hello Everybody,

I am about to embark on the adventure of collecting and refining metals from dental scrap. Does anyone have experience with this? We were sending it in to a buyer but he was only paying $5.00 gr and I think we will realize a better profit this way as well as being able to keep the metals. Currently we are collecting approx. 100gr per week. What this will realize in refined metals I am not sure.

Any suggestions as to starting the process as well as what materials we should try to collect will be helpful. I understand that this scrap will contain gold, silver, platinum. Any others?

What about diabetic strips. In large quantities is it worth the time?

These subjects have been covered in great detail here on the forum, laser steves web site has a good search button to search this forum, you will find about everything you need to accomplish your goal in print already, discussed over a four year period.

GOT HOKE'S??? book that is. that would be the first thing you will need to read, it has the basic step by step to get you up and refining.

medmatman said:
Hello Everybody,

I am about to embark on the adventure of collecting and refining metals from dental scrap. Does anyone have experience with this? We were sending it in to a buyer but he was only paying $5.00 gr and I think we will realize a better profit this way as well as being able to keep the metals. Currently we are collecting approx. 100gr per week. What this will realize in refined metals I am not sure.

Any suggestions as to starting the process as well as what materials we should try to collect will be helpful. I understand that this scrap will contain gold, silver, platinum. Any others?

What about diabetic strips. In large quantities is it worth the time?

What form of dental scrap are you accumulating?

Some forms may have a hazmat cost associated with refining (bio hazard and mercury) and others have only a base metal value.

Back