precipitate gold goes wrong

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malikjob07

Hello friends :
Again......i dissolved some gold plated in AP solution and i used a piece of copper to precipitate gold , so after while i saw a green powder cemented to the piece of copper i've been used....well i was wondering is it gold or something else ?
Thanks

One does not dissolve gold in AP. AP works best when you see the gold all the time. Eyes on the prize.
If you dissolve gold in AP accidentally, just keep on adding more material and gold will eventually cement out.
Why would anyone want to intentionally dissolve gold in AP?
Dissolving perfectly fine gold foils and powder with already dissolved base metals are prolonging and complicating recovery - as you just experienced.

Are the foils from the gold plated " electronic scrap" in AP solution pure gold or not ,since the AP eat all the copper ? If not ,what are the foils contain ?

The foils will never be pure gold. Even though the actual foil is primarily gold with a tiny amount of hardeners, there will be undissolved base metal, and nickel. The foils will need to be refine to make it relatively pure.

This is a thread where I had a contest about gold foils. If you follow it to near the end, you will see that foil weight and refined weight are never close together.

http://goldrefiningforum.com/~goldrefi/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=19910

Latest posts

Back