Precipitating palladium help needed

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Niels.
I'm a bit confused as to what you do.

First you dissolve the Pd in AR and then drop it as Hydroxides by lifting the pH to 10.

I fail to see the reasoning behind this.
If I'm not mistaken, the Formate reduction can be done without the Hydroxide conversion.
Agreed, the purpose of the initial hydroxide conversion is to separate out the Silver contamination from the Palladium.

How did you acidify it?

Edit to add.
Do you know what impurities are in the Pd?

36% HCl to pH 1. Impurites: don´t know yet. Still have to have a sample analyzed. These solutions are combined reaction mixtures that should contain Na+ as the only other metal ions and some organic stuff that shouldn´t interfere and as anions only OH- / Cl-

36% HCl to pH 1. Impurites: don´t know yet. Still have to have a sample analyzed. These solutions are combined reaction mixtures that should contain Na+ as the only other metal ions and some organic stuff that shouldn´t interfere and as anions only OH- / Cl-
The formate reduction you used, did not give you the purity you wanted?
I still do not see the point of dropping as Hydroxide, the only thing you accomplish is to increase the amount of Na+ ions in the mix.
Until you know the make up of the impurities and can device a plan to get rid of them, anything you do will be based on guesswork and assumptions.

Latest posts

Back