Preparing Iridium 192 (Radioactive isotope)

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slayer-PGM

Hey guys I have been trying to acquire Iridium-192 which is a isotope of Ir-77 used for brachytherapy for treatment of various types of cancer. I was able to obtain it from last 2 year from a known source but unfortunately the person passed away. Is there a way to produce Ir-192 without any Nuclear reactor? I know a person is doing it without a reactor but I have tried it several times but I am unable to process or manufacture it. The test for that is when produced it will suck battery out of a torch when we take the torch near it. It also attracts rice as soon its near rice. Basically I want to create a isotope which suck hydrogen from a torch (Because it suck all the battery/cell power).

P.S I don't ahve license. I need only 2 grams max for my medicine.

Here is more details.
http://www.isoflex.com/products/radioisotopes/iridium-192

Please suggest me if you guys know it.

Thank you

Obviously your are no nuclear chemist or physicist, so what in the world do you want with a beta raditation emitting nuclid? And where ist your nuclear chemistry university laboratory, that makes you think, you have to do chemistry with radioactive isotopes in powdered form??

Sorry fellow, but you do not even imagine, what dangers are involved in what you are talking about.

And no, you can't generate isotopes by chemical means.
No, it will have no effect on batteries. The beta particles wouldn't even reach trough the battery package.
No, it will not attract rice. Never seen any visible electrostatic properties of beta radiation at least.

Did you get those peculiar ideas from some alchemist youtube vids?!

Ir-192 is a highly active isotope, emmiting Beta and Gamma-rays. there are very stricts rules about possession and use of this isotopes, in every country in the world.

Safety standards and procedures are even higher than chemical safety.

Please stay away from it, you are messing with something that is unforgiving. You can't see radiation, you wouldn't feel it, but in the long term, it is very dangerous for you on a cellular level, and you might even alter your DNA, and unwillingly have an influence on your offspring. Radiation sickness is nothing like a simple cold.

I'm responsable for an NDT department, and rules are very strict.

Please stick to recovering Precious Metals, and do not consider Iridium 192 to be one of them.

regards

Fonnie

supplement: only 2grams??????? = is equal to a possible 1000Ci which calculates to about 1000Ci x 200.000µSv/h/Ci at a distance of 1m = 200Sv per hour or 50.000µSv in 1 second (being the maximal allowed annual dose for professionaly exposed NDTworkers) 20.000µSv per 12months in Europe.

Latest posts

Back