Problem somthing cover up the gold in AP process ?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piperpiper

Have run a batch of CPUS using AP, after doing so thier appears to be something that looks to be silverish in color covering the gold, I took a sample and just put proxiode into it and could see the gold, but afterwhile went back to in covered state, Ive heating things up a bit and no change overall, could this be silver or perhaps plat., how would I seperate or should i even worry about it and just go ahead and run the NA step, if it were plat how would I approch to revocer this, thanks.

Did you do any research before trying to process this material? Did you make sure your material was clean or incinerated? Did someone advise you to add the peroxide after you had a problem? Or did you read it somewhere?

I have ran batches in past with no problems, this was a different cpu then I’ve used in the past, this material was incinerated which was something I had not done in the past as well, the peroxide was used only in reference to the AP process, but later had read somewhere about rinsing with it, which really hasn’t proved to tell me anything so far.

Back