Problems Percipitating

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lagnut83

I am new to refining and my first batch came out well but I just recently tried poor mans AR method on ceramic cpu's and now my gold will not drop with SMB what should I do? have about 800 ml of gold solution and smb reacted but did not drop any thing what have i done wrong?

yes didnt have this problem with gold from fingers. This is my first attempt at ceramic cpu,s. and not sure where i went wrong. I soaked ceramics in HCL and bleach color looked a little darker than the gold fingers did. I filtered and tried to drop with smb. and reaction took place but no mud gold just bubbling and a orange foam on top? trying figure out if i can still get gold to drop.

HCl and bleach is not poor mans AR. Which one did you use?

By the way, it's spelled precipitating, not percipitating, makes it easier to search for information.

Göran

You can't process ceramic CPU's in HCl and bleach. There's too much base metal that has to be dissolved. It works well with fingers because there's little base metal. If you ran the ceramics in AP and tried to dissolve the foils from that, then I can understand the problem. If you tried to dissolve just the gold from the ceramic chips, it just doesn't work like that.

Latest posts

Back