Processing Complete Ic & BGA chips without Incineration.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first post..... figured id throw my two cents in. I had been experimenting with different methods of processing BGA's to save time & labor and primarily to increase yields. I have used hot sulfuric, in a controlled environment, to decompose the majority of the packaging (not like knucklehead in the YouTube Video). This was a simple, small batch experiment. Im sure it would have maxed out my capture/filtration unit at high temps, i had no intentions of boiling off my sulfuric either. Medium temps were manageable and i was able to expose the bonding wires still intact to the chip. Still had remains of the packaging throughout. I was a neat experiment, but on a large scale saving time isnt worth the health risks and the waste material. I agree, that video will more than likely get someone hurt.

g_axelsson said:
Proper treatment of your waste and personal protection should never be a matter of law. It's self preservation.

Göran

First world, meet third world.

Actually, I think that's second world...third world is open incineration followed by washing in open stream which also happens to be your drinking water and bathroom.

The difference between first and third world is largely the "value" of ones life, and the infrastructure that is available to protect it.

Latest posts

Back