Processing my used filters

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well an update on this mess o mine. Well I am at the AR stage and it is now testing positive for gold according to stannous chloride test. And having lots of reaction such as brown fumes. But at least it's positive for gold! But sadly no silver has cemented out of the nitric solution I filtered out off of the material. So that's good! Right? 😁

I'm currently trying to process my filters for the first time and made the mistake of ashing them. But didn't do it correctly so I'm sure I lost a lot. Especially silver because I trying to use nitric acid and water to dissolve silver but either I burnt it up or there wasn't any afterwards when I tried to cement some with copper. But I'm currently trying using AR on it. And I'm happy to share that gold has been found in it. But that was only half of my ashes. I saved half just in case I did things wrong so what is the advice for that remainder? Since I've already incinerated him probably improperly what do I do from here?

I'm currently trying to process my filters for the first time and made the mistake of ashing them. But didn't do it correctly so I'm sure I lost a lot. Especially silver because I trying to use nitric acid and water to dissolve silver but either I burnt it up or there wasn't any afterwards when I tried to cement some with copper. But I'm currently trying using AR on it. And I'm happy to share that gold has been found in it. But that was only half of my ashes. I saved half just in case I did things wrong so what is the advice for that remainder? Since I've already incinerated him probably improperly what do I do from here?
Since you have already incinerated them to finish/almost finish, you just have to continue.
Heat it to a weak glow in a shallow container and stir it with a glass or steel rod,
when no more smoke or sparks emerge when you stir it, it should be finished.

When you incinerate filters you will have losses. But its one of these catch 22 things.
If you decompose the filters in hot AR, there will be filtering issues. If you incinerate you will have losses.
Why do you expect the process to not be sucessful?
How come you will have filtering issues if they break down?

It sounds to me like you could also be at risk of getting some colloidal gold in your solutions. AR with a bubbler would take care of most ashes I think. Or not?

Latest posts

Back