Process's

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilikesilver

Thinking about running some process's on flatpacks this weekend, which i will use the patnor process on them. Got about 5 pounds to do so should keep me busy. Im also thinking about running 5 pounds of ceramic eproms that i have this weekend also. Im thinking breaking them up and soaking in the AP process what do you all think? I believe ive read they contain mostly silver, unless they visibly show gold legs. Correct?

Oh well just thinking on what to do, and i havent seen much listed on eproms. Thanks tim

most of them contain gold bonding wires but not all. some will have a gold pad and some will have a Pd and Ag alloy pad. the packages with a glass window is an EPROM (erasable programmable read only memory). PROM's have caps that cant be removed without damage to the package. you should be able to look through the window and see if the wires (use a good loupe to inspect the wires) and the pad is easy to see. the packages seems to me that the ones that are PROM's contain more gold than the EPROM's in my opinion.i process them all the same and let the acid sort out the metals. the silver will settle out as silver chloride after the dissolution and the chilling with ice.

Latest posts

Back