question about precipitating

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moses

Hi everyone I have some gold, palladium and silver in solution with hydrochloric acid and bleach, since I have no nitrate or nitrite whichever it is forgive my ignorance, is there a need then to do anything or add anything before I precipitate the gold with smb then my plan was to drop the palladium and silver with copper and separate the silver from palladium with hydrochloric acid, I do have zinc, I also seen someone on the forum say sodium dioxide gas or smb would bring down palladium is that true, and is that an acceptable approach? thank you all sincerely Moses

Hi everyone I have some gold, palladium and silver in solution with hydrochloric acid and bleach, since I have no nitrate or nitrite whichever it is forgive my ignorance, is there a need then to do anything or add anything before I precipitate the gold with smb then my plan was to drop the palladium and silver with copper and separate the silver from palladium with hydrochloric acid, I do have zinc, I also seen someone on the forum say sodium dioxide gas or smb would bring down palladium is that true, and is that an acceptable approach? thank you all sincerely Moses
You have not studied what I gave you have you?
Go back and study more.
Silver are not soluble in HCl amongst other things.
How do you know what you have in solution?

You have not studied what I gave you have you?
Go back and study more.
Silver are not soluble in HCl amongst other things.
How do you know what you have in solution?
well I was watching youtube last night of course but the guy on there "owltech" he's pretty popular on youtube and he has palladium and silver mixed in powder and he put hydrochloric acid through the filter with the powders and said that separated the palladium because it he said went into solution then he precipitated the palladium, I have some gold and palladium and palladium and silver contacts dissolved in hydrochloric acid bleach, I haven't done anything further yet before I ran it by you guys cause I don't wanna have another mistake like I did using zinc instead of copper.

well I was watching youtube last night of course but the guy on there "owltech" he's pretty popular on youtube and he has palladium and silver mixed in powder and he put hydrochloric acid through the filter with the powders and said that separated the palladium because it he said went into solution then he precipitated the palladium, I have some gold and palladium and palladium and silver contacts dissolved in hydrochloric acid bleach, I haven't done anything further yet before I ran it by you guys cause I don't wanna have another mistake like I did using zinc instead of copper.
What he has is not what you have necessarily.
No Silver will go into solution as long as there are Chlorides present.
Now start reading, please.
What Owltech did was separate Silver from the solution.

Edit to correct spelling

Last edited:
Back