Question about running cells in series

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jimdoc said:
Banning long time members isn't cool when they are addressing a problem. A very real problem.

Putting new members with an attitude problem on notice right from the start would be a good thing. And yes, this guy has, or had an attitude problem.

For me and for what it's worth this is the absolute crux of the matter. Instead of nipping the new members attitude in the bud it's obviously easier to sit back and allow it to develop into a brawl - and then take the soft option and ban the long time members.

That's completely twisted logic and THAT is why people (quite a lot of them) are speaking up about it.

I really cannot understand your outright flat refusal to see it and accept it Dave.

anachronism said:
jimdoc said:
Banning long time members isn't cool when they are addressing a problem. A very real problem.

Putting new members with an attitude problem on notice right from the start would be a good thing. And yes, this guy has, or had an attitude problem.

For me and for what it's worth this is the absolute crux of the matter. Instead of nipping the new members attitude in the bud it's obviously easier to sit back and allow it to develop into a brawl - and then take the soft option and ban the long time members.

That's completely twisted logic and THAT is why people (quite a lot of them) are speaking up about it.

I really cannot understand your outright flat refusal to see it and accept it Dave.

Dave I I have entered in a discussion by way of PM - so I would like to request that further comments be held in check until Dave & I have completed our discussion - at which time we will post what currently "appears" to be a disagreement in the handling of this debate

I trust that we (Dave & I) will come to an agreement - at which time we will post the results

Kurt

jimdoc said:
FrugalRefiner said:
Thipdar hasn't posted on this thread in three days. You've made four posts since then. Now, do you really want me to start swinging the ban hammer more freely?

Dave

Thipdar not posting on this thread in three days is a good thing, maybe he learned something. haha

Great. Now I've been misconstrued and I didn't even say anything.

For what it's worth, the reason I haven't been posting much in the last few days is due to a couple of things.

First of all, my grandaughter visited with us. She's about eleven months and as cute as a bug. She's more important to me than this forum is.

The second reason is that I've been refurbishing a radial arm saw that I was given. It needed a general clean-up, was missing some parts and was wired for 220VAC.

However, you're right, I did learn something. When a radial arm saw is configured to make rip cuts, you have to feed the lumber into the blade from the correct direction (even if you are using a zero-degree hook blade).

The saw is working fine now, and I've been using it to craft a club for use with my new English Froe.

[Note: Sorry for changing the quotations around - I did so in an effort to clear things up, not to misquote anybody]

-- Thipdar

kurtak said:
Yesterday I closed out my last post by saying I was head out the door to go ice fishing

It was a GREAT day out on the ice - sun was shining & it got up to about 50 degrees F - there was 5 of us out on the ice & we hauled in a total of 25 trout (rainbows) between 14 - 18 inches which means with a 5 trout limit per person we all limited out --- actually caught a few more but anything under 14 inches went back in the hole & of course there is always those few the come off the hook before you get them pulled up though the hole & onto the ice --- what a great day with good friends :!: 8) :mrgreen:

Anyway - concerning name calling - that would be me - I am the one That has referred to Thidar as an ass & Mr. I am right --- & I stand by those assessments of this man because that is EXACTLY what he has SHOWN himself to be & I will be dammed if I am going to sugar coat what he has "in fact" proven himself to be through a multitude of long winded post on EVERY level of what has been discussed here

In the very beginning - I did not have a problem with his posting a reply to the OP voicing a concern "to be careful" because of the potential high amp output of the system (copper refining cell) the OP was asking about & his pointing out that it only takes one tenth of an amp to kill you

However - once Goran (& others) pointed out that he IS flat out wrong when it comes to such a systems (LOW voltage HIGH amp DC output power supplies/rectifiers) he not only continued to argue with Goran (& others) with a "multitude" of post of ABSOLUTE mis-information in order to prove his point that he is right when "in fact" he is wrong has IMO - earned - him the title of being - "MR. I am right - simply in the FACT that he has insisted on being right - even though he is ABSOLUTELY WRONG

Then - not only did he prove himself to be "absolutely" wrong but "insist" on being Mr. I am right he moved on to challenge the integrity of Goran's knowledge concerning (different) electrical systems because Goran could not possibly have the VAST knowledge/experience he has in the field of electrical systems

This attitude that Mr. I am right took ( after being here for a VERY short time) was a TOTAL assumption on the part of Mr. I am right --- in other words - this "assumption" he made which "in fact" became a direct attack on Goran's knowledge &/or integrity (and for that matter others that have been here FAR longer then he) makes him an "ass"

He is an ass in that not only does he insist on being right when in FACT he is wrong - but as well his being a "new member" he comes here & calls out the knowledge &/or integrity of "long time" contributing members

Let me put it this way - as far as I am concerned - he has "doubled down" on being an ass & by his own hand has earned himself the title of being an ass

Now then - I am going to go as far as calling him another name --- he is also a "liar" - all this B.S. about his vast experience working with electrical systems is in fact just that - B.S. --- in the multitude of post - loaded with mis-information clearly show that he has little if any real experience "working" with electrical systems --- at best he has spent time on the internet reading articles &/or watching you tube & maybe he has taken some college classes & maybe played with some home experiments

My first formal training in Basic Electricity and Electronics was provided at the Naval Air Technical Training center, Millington, Tennessee, in 1974. That's part of what qualified me to be an Aircraft Electrician.

Since then, I have (among other things) received a technical certification in Computer Maintenance, worked as a Field Service Technician for several companies, helped test circuit boards that were used in missiles, helped build circuit boards that have been placed into orbit around Earth, worked as a contract Technician at the Mirror Fusion Experiment II at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratories and as a Production Test Technician at Morrow Designs, in Emeryville, California.

I've also soldered together, component by component, my own Digital Multi-Meter, my own home computer and my own multi-channel logic analyzer.

All of this happened before the internet was available (DARPANET might have been in existence, but I didn't have access to it).

Your claim that I am a liar is laughable.

kurtak said:
So I am sorry - but the multitude of mis-information posted here "in his own words" not only makes him an ass that insists on being MR. I am right - but he has sat here & lied to us about his vast experience in order to attempt to prove himself as right when in fact he has been nothing but wrong

The part I don't get is - what the hell is going on here with the politics to allow this to continue --- there was a time when such politics where not tolerated

I mean really - since when did it become OK for a new member to come here - post mis-information - insist that the mis-information is right - then call out the integrity of long time member & lie about his experience to prove his point --- I want to know when did such B.S. become "politically correct" to the point of becoming expectable without consequence

To be more blunt - Dave - I want an explanation of why this is being allowed without consequence - when others have been dealt consequence for the same &/or even less - & you know who/what I am talking about

Kurt

Keep up the good work. It's amusing.

-- Thipdar

Back