Question to lasersteve

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Renaldas

Steve, what metal is cathode in your cell video on site made of?
What is the aim of adding a little glycerine to sulfuric acid?

The cathode is lead.

The glycerin is not required, Goldsilverpro pointed this out to me after the video was made.

I'm hoping to find the time to remake the enitre series of cell videos with the update processes and techniques.

Steve

lazersteve said:
The cathode is lead.

The glycerin is not required, Goldsilverpro pointed this out to me after the video was made.

I'm hoping to find the time to remake the enitre series of cell videos with the update processes and techniques.

Steve

Why lead cathode? I took Pentium Pro tungsten alloy plate as cathode, what do you thin, will it work good enough in this case?

Renaldas said:
lazersteve said:
The cathode is lead.

Steve

Why lead cathode? I took Pentium Pro tungsten alloy plate as cathode, what do you thin, will it work good enough in this case?

If I remember right it is a copper tungsten alloy. I don't think I would use it without the possability of contaminating your soution more than it will be.

Renaldas said:

Lead is cheap, easily shaped, sulfuric acid resistant, and readily available, that's why I use it.

Steve

Latest posts

Back