Really need honest help.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul goldbugg

I posted on rock mans thread some photos and comments. I have been messing around with this old digs for 15 years now and i still have no idea what might be there.
On the surface there is a very wide mineralized area. A quartz vein system 6ft wide at the shaft (125ft) deep according to the history books. About 100ft of drift and adits.
I am getting too old to do much more and i have nobody interested in what might be there. I am an old driller that work for mining companies in Nevada/Idaho for 25 years. Learned about prospecting while living in Nevada from a old desert rat that lived in a old underground placer mine making gold from the pillars. Would really like to talk to honest mining folks that might be interested in helping an old guy out.

I posted on rock mans thread some photos and comments. I have been messing around with this old digs for 15 years now and i still have no idea what might be there.
On the surface there is a very wide mineralized area. A quartz vein system 6ft wide at the shaft (125ft) deep according to the history books. About 100ft of drift and adits.
I am getting too old to do much more and i have nobody interested in what might be there. I am an old driller that work for mining companies in Nevada/Idaho for 25 years. Learned about prospecting while living in Nevada from a old desert rat that lived in a old underground placer mine making gold from the pillars. Would really like to talk to honest mining folks that might be interested in helping an old guy out.
Needs more work but it is a start.

About 15 years ago i was bow hunting elk early sept with a friend with a metal detector and he talked me into going and looking at an old
Digs in our hunting area. When i walked up to a small cut i could see what look like vein on the face of the cut.
When i hit it with my hammer solid metal hit the ground. I was fairly stunned that they had left ore like this, why?
At that cut i found a old buried wooden box with small pieces of ore and a stack of larger pieces next to the box under 6 inches of pine needles
From hand grinding samples over the years i do not think anything more than samples ever left the area.
It looks like it was all done from a shaft the drift opening has no tails and the side drifts/adits are backfilled,

125ft shaft 125ft of drifts all done by hand, A exploration project a 100 years ago it seems.
Mike at action mining came highly recommended back then had 2 assays done by them.

Attachments

• ore 2.jpg
    ore 2.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 221024135734481.jpg
    221024135734481.jpg
    361.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 221024134024134.jpg
    221024134024134.jpg
    499.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 221024115202687.jpg
    221024115202687.jpg
    386.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 221024115327505.jpg
    221024115327505.jpg
    474.1 KB · Views: 0
  • ore.jpg
    ore.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 2
  • drift assay.jpg
    drift assay.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 1
  • assay.jpg
    assay.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 0
  • ASSAY4.jpg
    ASSAY4.jpg
    750.5 KB · Views: 2
  • rock ore.jpg
    rock ore.jpg
    545.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
What are you looking to do with this property? Is it patented or BLM?
Forest service ground. It was homesteaded ground FS got it back. We do have 2 old digs on private ground also. I am open to anything at this point.
couple years of exploration we can do up to 1000 tons a year just to see if it will make a mine or just stay in exploration mode. Have access to some private ground for small exploration mill anything is possible i think.

Last edited:
What are you looking to do with this property? Is it patented or BLM?
I have been trying to get a company that could actually do something with it if there was something there worth exploring.
MMG has a file that i sent all my info to and can keep sending data to it so they can see what i got, but at this point they said they need more data
to send their geo to look at it my reason for starting my own sample program. I never could afford assays raising kids and then grandkids though the years
i barely kept up claim fee for 15 years. A little better now but getting to old health ain;t the best all that BS. Ther has been a few idiots (sorry) though the years take samples and do a few assays then try to make me a offer without me ever seeing the results of their assays that kind of crap that i could write a book on.
My problem after all these years is i still expect folks to be honest lmao nope, they just can't seem to do it right.

Just some interesting rocks i found in the area and some panning cons from hand grinding sample. A 1,000,000 to 1 chance anything will ever happen in my lifetime but i Love messing around with it, Maybe this next year i can get some sampling done get a better idea if my thought that all backfilled adits are filled with ore. I saw one 40ft adit full of what looked like quartz same color as the ore vein could be interesting.

Attachments

• 100_0995.jpg
    100_0995.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_1001.jpg
    100_1001.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 221111100709356.jpg
    221111100709356.jpg
    499.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_1008.jpg
    100_1008.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
The first step is to find out if it is locatable ground. Some has been removed from being locatable. Next, if it is locatable, file a claim on it, and any extensions which may deviate off the sidelines and end lines. So much is involved with mining, it is impossible to give much more information without becoming a consultant, which equates to you requiring almost a limitless pocket book. Mining requires very deep pockets. Unless you stumble on a very high grade deposit, close to the surface, which is almost unheard of in todays world, you are in for a lot of head aches. And that is putting it mildly. I really wish you, and all prospectors well, but it is very tough to start a mining operation in todays world. The small miner is just about a thing of the past. This is due to a history of being under financed, leaving a legacy of acid mine drainage, and heavy metal contamination, violating the clean water act.
If in fact you should find a large , high grade deposit, the best course of action would be to market it to a junior exploration company. The world has become unfriendly towards mining, despite the need by consumers, for more natural resources. A very screwed up world.

The first step is to find out if it is locatable ground. Some has been removed from being locatable. Next, if it is locatable, file a claim on it, and any extensions which may deviate off the sidelines and end lines. So much is involved with mining, it is impossible to give much more information without becoming a consultant, which equates to you requiring almost a limitless pocket book. Mining requires very deep pockets. Unless you stumble on a very high grade deposit, close to the surface, which is almost unheard of in todays world, you are in for a lot of head aches. And that is putting it mildly. I really wish you, and all prospectors well, but it is very tough to start a mining operation in todays world. The small miner is just about a thing of the past. This is due to a history of being under financed, leaving a legacy of acid mine drainage, and heavy metal contamination, violating the clean water act.
If in fact you should find a large , high grade deposit, the best course of action would be to market it to a junior exploration company. The world has become unfriendly towards mining, despite the need by consumers, for more natural resources. A very screwed up world.
Yes it is, i put a claim on it 16 years ago, It is a highgrade at surface only 250ft of underground work 6ft wide at the shaft, There is a company that started about 5-6 years ago. 4 guys with a dream in Idaho. They are still going strong because the laws are still on our side. Western mining holdings they have a story and success if you want to check them out they are on Facebook. Interesting story for us folks that have a dream of mining. I am working on getting more data for MMG mining group.

I'm deep into that rabbit hole myself right now.
Just finished my 4th season of prospecting, sampling, etc. and my first season of permitted hardrock exploration and all the fun challenges that go with it.

We're trying to do it as cheaply as possible, while still getting it set up right.
But it ain't a cheap game to play that's for sure.

I do have good firsthand knowledge of the dream you mentioned.
It seems like I'm never done studying for the next step. Good thing I like learning new things!

Too bad you're not closer, I'd like to see it. Sounds like a lot wider than the veins we're sampling.
Do you have free mill gold, or is it in the sulphides?
Good luck with your quest for the right helper, it's definitely not an easy thing to find someone you can trust with things like this. They are out there though. IMG_5359.JPG

Just finished my 4th season of prospecting, sampling, etc. and my first season of permitted hardrock exploration and all the fun challenges that go with it.

We're trying to do it as cheaply as possible, while still getting it set up right.

It seems like I'm never done studying for the next step. Good thing I like learning new things!

Too bad you're not closer, I'd like to see it. Sounds like a lot wider than the veins we're sampling.
Good luck with your quest for the right helper, it's definitely not an easy thing to find someone you can trust with things like this. They are out there though. View attachment 53595
Nice picture:)

Good luck with your quest for the right helper, it's definitely not an easy thing to find someone you can trust with things like this. They are out there though. View attachment 53595
Nothing like your jewelry gold very nice stuff you have. There is a mix of metals but i have found more free platinum than gold in my area. If there was good free gold i think they would have mined it instead of just exploration and it would have been mined like the ones that did have free gold in them in the area. Lack of free gold in the area is why these prospects are of no interest to most folks and there is still really no interest in the area after 100 years have gone by. The record books say they had 2.5 opt gold in a vein there and one assay i have was 3opt au so they say there is going to be some free gold when they are that high, not sure about that hopefully i will get something done this next year on that subject. It sure does this old heart good to see a brother going after it. I knew i was not the only one dreaming lol
I

You are definitely not alone with the dream!
Platinum would be a good one if you can extract it in decent quantities.

My partner has had these claims since about '86. She and her husband tried to market the area to Tech Cominco and even had a geologist show up with a helicopter for a closer look. They said that it just wasn't a large enough area for their program.

The picture was from what I called "Crack Day", from August of 2021. I was running the Gold Monster over some residual placer gravels way up on a steep section of bedrock and quartz veins when I got a good strong signal up against the side of a 2 ft rock face. I pulled away a miniature slope of gravel away from the face and it revealed a crack about 2 ft tall and 4 in wide at the top. I found a mud covered few targets in the little pile of gravel I had moved and the crack was now screaming at me! A short screwdriver was all I had to pick out the gravels in the crack and it all filled about 1/3 of a gallon Ziploc. Not long after, I climbed down to a flat area near the adit where we had a tub of water for panning. As I got down to the last 1/2" of gravel in the pan, the peaks of this pile poked it's collective heads out and I immediately knew that this was something special. As I washed it back, I went into shock! Holy Crap! My mining buddy was getting a late start climbing up to the adit that morning and I wanted him to get the same shock that I'd just experienced, so I swirled it back into the corner of the pan...but it was too big of a pile and gold was sticking up all over! I reached down into the tub and grabbed a healthy handful of tailings and buried the goodies. Later he wandered up and asked how it was going. I walked him down to the tub and handed him the pan to see for himself. He was equally stunned with the reveal.
Later, we got the weight on it...7.5 grams of dendritic gold in a single pan!!! That is by far the best pan I've ever seen. Now I'm always looking for the next good crack. Most of the pickers we find are crystalline, but it's not uncommon to find a single bit of the dendritic gold.

If your searching for an investor let me know. I have multiple hardrock claims in Alaska. I've spent the time signing the right contracts with refiners for the dore' bars, etc.
Silent investor. Your ground, your experience on that ground is what makes it successful. You decide at what level you want to start. I got my claims into production withing 3 years of location. It's hard work.
There are even investment options in my junior mining company. You could be investors in my mineral reserves paying you royalties every 3 months.
Just a thought. Be well.

I have been trying to get a company that could actually do something with it if there was something there worth exploring.
MMG has a file that i sent all my info to and can keep sending data to it so they can see what i got, but at this point they said they need more data
to send their geo to look at it my reason for starting my own sample program. I never could afford assays raising kids and then grandkids though the years
i barely kept up claim fee for 15 years. A little better now but getting to old health ain;t the best all that BS. Ther has been a few idiots (sorry) though the years take samples and do a few assays then try to make me a offer without me ever seeing the results of their assays that kind of crap that i could write a book on.
My problem after all these years is i still expect folks to be honest lmao nope, they just can't seem to do it right.
I'm the guy that likes to scoop up small to midsized projects and get them into production. These are the type of projects that directly help the small scale miners and investors create some income. We sample then design the milling methods relative to which minerals/metals are in the ore. If there are minerals and precious metals to b found, I can help you get them to market.
Sorry for pimping myself out on your post. It seemed a good time to make contact tho.
Thanks for your consideration.

Me? If so I'm available anytime.
I'm definitely serious. Right now is the time for folks in the right place to make some money or solidify their investments. A lot of countries are going back to a gold standard. This will force the dollar to do the same or not compete in global markets.
I'm all ears and interested in hearing about your journey and goals.

Paul,
That might just be the help your looking for.

theminerstable,
I appreciate the offer and I'll give it some thought and discuss it with my partner.

Copy that Les, I appreciate the consideration.
907-769-3375 here's my number.
So you know I'm not hanging out in Pakistan or something like that....

Yep You
Ok maybe i can do this lol
My thoughts are there are 2 ways i might go about this.
Do more sampling keep trying to define the ore body till metallics minerals group has enough data to come and look at it (very long shot)
Or set up small 1tph mill get in exploration mode and try to do 1.000 tons per year for the first 3-4 years to explore it. We are loggers and farmer type folks
Hard work is all we have known. We are getting old but we think we will go till we drop than our youngins will take over. We are builders,welders drillers that can still get it done and the way things are going the only ones to step up and do it.
All depends on the next batch of samples i need to take. There is likely the first 1.000 tons backfilled in the drift/adits part of the mine that would give us a very good start.
If i did the mill part i would need to make a deal for the place to put it on private property, there is 2 or 3 options that is possible on that subject.

This would not be easy creating concentrate to smelt or to ship, We do love fire so setting up our own small smelter is something we have thought a lot about lol/ i do know some folks that are doing what i am talking about in Idaho for 5-6 years now. They are in a very good position right now in my opinion makes me feel i am behind in the game a little.

Goals
Put metal in our hands.
Keep living life preferably outdoors mining and logging.
Keep the kids and grandkids alive
Turn this country back to us the people
Be happy to answer any questions.

Back