Really need honest help.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope it does Bankrupt them. Bottom feeders like that need a good dose of chlorine in the gene pool.

I recall one old sourdough I spoke with at length, has been in the mining game since the 60's up here. The topic of claim jumpers came up and the sourdough commented "These huge piles of waste rock all around here, well they sure do make a good place to hide a body." We both had a good laugh at that one.

Last edited:
Actually waste piles do not make a good place to hide a body. We were running a placer operation. A certain trouble maker was always calling the Sheriff, DRMS, whoever he could, to shut us down. He was monitoring the radios we were using. One day, as a joke, we made a comment about discovering a body, and we need to cover it up quick. The next day, search and rescue showed up with cadaver sniffing/finding dogs. They were very insistent on doing a search, under order from the Sheriff. Nothing was found, as it was a joke we played on the whiner. Never told the Search and Rescue guys it was a joke. They eventually told the trouble maker to please shut up. I don't know of any really good places to bury these people. Maybe throw them in your very large stock pot, and after a good digestion, recover the minuscule amounts of precious metals they may contain. As per the forum recommendations, dispose of all Gms in a suitable HM disposal site.

It would have been very hard to keep a straight face while the team was sniffing the waste piles!
Thanks for the story, that was a good one.

The locals in the area figured it out quick. Mostly due to the easement road we were working on and it's the only hardrock claim in the area being worked.
Looking at dnr records and my name as well.
I had some show up last year asking for a tour, initially I said no like 5 times. Pushy and then the ole " it's my friends birthday got em a tour.
One of them and here partner own a lodge out on resurrection bay. Asked me if I would be interested in giving their guests a mining experience next season. Well instead of calling me up to buy some ore she used a meth head. Got him high and filled his head with bs. So she got him to break the door to the portal open. Then her and her partner came in the night over four days and stole a bunch of stuff from camp as well as underground. These people have a long track record here. Justice is coming. I'm working with my lawyers and troopers to build the case against them criminally, they are going to jail soon.
The biggest thing is because of all the violations of my mining rights the civil lawsuit may bankrupt them.
They just moved into a $300,000 dollar house. They didn't need to steal from me. Some folks are just scum.
I'm at a different place with that claim now. Alot more production and security on site.
Hope your doing well.
I read you're situation and hope all is well with it. I'm not looking to get in on anyone's honey pot find, I am in need of help actually in finding who can help me get the material I've found, which I believe to be large nuggets of PGM's or gold, that's bonded/hosted in hydro-sulfuric black shale. The location is in a semi shallow creek which a section of is covered with thick black shale that contains solid round discs and buttons of heavy silver and gold metals and also has these strange looking "half a circle shaped" quartz rocks protruding out. I know some of these half circles are quartz but one for certain is a bright silver metal all the way through. I've never anything like these formations in my entire life and I'm a outdoors girls through and through. I cannot find the next step I need to take to prove my find is in fact PGM's. I keep getting the same results on Google. I can't send ore to a refiner I've already asked so many of them and they don't accept it. I don't know who to contact for lab testing. Google shows me medical lab testing results no matter if I put in for metal testing services. I guess I need the name of a lab that can test PGM's and I'm not sure which test would be best for what I need. I am sincerely just asking for some guidance on what I do or who I can contact for my needs? Is there any way you can help me? Are the costs of such tests expensive? I am not able to afford high cost testing, is there any help available to a poor discovery person?

I read you're situation and hope all is well with it. I'm not looking to get in on anyone's honey pot find, I am in need of help actually in finding who can help me get the material I've found, which I believe to be large nuggets of PGM's or gold, that's bonded/hosted in hydro-sulfuric black shale. The location is in a semi shallow creek which a section of is covered with thick black shale that contains solid round discs and buttons of heavy silver and gold metals and also has these strange looking "half a circle shaped" quartz rocks protruding out. I know some of these half circles are quartz but one for certain is a bright silver metal all the way through. I've never anything like these formations in my entire life and I'm a outdoors girls through and through. I cannot find the next step I need to take to prove my find is in fact PGM's. I keep getting the same results on Google. I can't send ore to a refiner I've already asked so many of them and they don't accept it. I don't know who to contact for lab testing. Google shows me medical lab testing results no matter if I put in for metal testing services. I guess I need the name of a lab that can test PGM's and I'm not sure which test would be best for what I need. I am sincerely just asking for some guidance on what I do or who I can contact for my needs? Is there any way you can help me? Are the costs of such tests expensive? I am not able to afford high cost testing, is there any help available to a poor discovery person?
The only thing to actually convince anyone capable is a proper assay.
For PGMs a NiS assay.

It has been discussed and hammered in to eternal boredom.
But it is expensive and many of those convinced that they have found the mother load are not willing or able to pay for these kind of assays.
Search the forum and you should find both companies and the dfiscussions.

Thank you...I appreciate the advice. I want to clarify I don't believe I found the mother load. Maybe the daughter load tho.

Attachments

• IMG_20230612_114755.jpg
    IMG_20230612_114755.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
These are just a few of the disc shape nuggets that come out of the shale I mentioned about. I am not claiming to be an expert by any means...I only believe from what I've researched about gold and the surrounding indicators and such over the last 3 years, that I've definitely found something worthwhile and I wanted to find help to know where to go and what to do. And as to my unable to afford the cost, I literally can't afford it. Shelter in place orders caused me to lose my income from housecleaning, within the same week my jeep broke down and was stripped to nothing overnight by thief's who smashed my windows to access. With no transportation and no income I have been between a rock and sh*it creek with broken paddles. I have 4 kids to ensure are okay as my first priority and being that I already feel like a worthless failure because none of the COVID programs help people like me, those who aren't business owners or disabled or veteran members, so it's not just my attempt to avoid a fee, if I had the funds to pay the fees I'd do it because that'd guarantee no more bill worries for a very very long time to come. The half my hand size nuggets weight 3-5 lbs each. I'm not dumb just cause I'm not college educated. Some can't learn in a classroom and do better on the field.

If you are near a University. A call to their Science Department may yield a cooperative Professor who can have a student assay it for you. My Daughter actually did this on a suspected meteorite for a local resident while obtaining her Chemistry degree from OSU as a RA.

Again, grainy pictures never do a specimen justice. Prospecting for PGMs in Ohio would be, in my opinion, fruitless. PGMs are associated with Ferro/ Magnesian igneous rocks, associated with deep plate tectonics, and not in sedimentary shales. What I see, are "concretions", most likely composed of Calcium minerals. I feel for you, hoping to strike it rich, in these tough times. I personally, have been seeking a Gold deposit for almost 40 years. I prospect it in my spare time, and hope I have finally found it. Long story short, slow and steady wins the race. Most mineral deposits are a long term investment (marathon), and sprinters do not win marathons. If I could recoup all the time, money, and energies I have devoted to this search, then convert it to an hourly wage, I would probably make about 10 cents an hour, or considerably less. Actually, it would be in the large negative area, to the tune of a couple hundred thousand. But it is a passion of mine. I have learned a huge amount on the subjects, which I, and others on this forum, help out for "free". Keep your dreams alive, they may, or may not ever pay off, but the adventure is a great one. Prospecting is usually conducted by single, dirty old men. Ask me how I know. It usually does not pay enough to raise a family on. I have only heard of a couple "overnight instant wealth stories", in the entire history of mining.
Perhaps collecting some of these specimens, then selling at a garage sale, or consignment at a rock shop, would help put some additional food on the table, for you and your children. A rock shop would also be able to help determine what they actually are. Do not disclose the location of such finds, as claim jumpers will always abound, as long as there is $ to be made.
Best of luck.

Again, grainy pictures never do a specimen justice. Prospecting for PGMs in Ohio would be, in my opinion, fruitless. PGMs are associated with Ferro/ Magnesian igneous rocks, associated with deep plate tectonics, and not in sedimentary shales. What I see, are "concretions", most likely composed of Calcium minerals. I feel for you, hoping to strike it rich, in these tough times. I personally, have been seeking a Gold deposit for almost 40 years. I prospect it in my spare time, and hope I have finally found it. Long story short, slow and steady wins the race. Most mineral deposits are a long term investment (marathon), and sprinters do not win marathons. If I could recoup all the time, money, and energies I have devoted to this search, then convert it to an hourly wage, I would probably make about 10 cents an hour, or considerably less. Actually, it would be in the large negative area, to the tune of a couple hundred thousand. But it is a passion of mine. I have learned a huge amount on the subjects, which I, and others on this forum, help out for "free". Keep your dreams alive, they may, or may not ever pay off, but the adventure is a great one. Prospecting is usually conducted by single, dirty old men. Ask me how I know. It usually does not pay enough to raise a family on. I have only heard of a couple "overnight instant wealth stories", in the entire history of mining.
Perhaps collecting some of these specimens, then selling at a garage sale, or consignment at a rock shop, would help put some additional food on the table, for you and your children. A rock shop would also be able to help determine what they actually are. Do not disclose the location of such finds, as claim jumpers will always abound, as long as there is $ to be made.
Best of luck.
My suggestion was to provide our fellow dreamer a source for a free assay not to endorse Ohio as a likely source for gold deposits however, since you brought it up, Stonelick Creek, Sandy Creek, Brushy Fork, and the area around Bellville are edges of glaciation zones on which gold have been found.

My suggestion was to provide our fellow dreamer a source for a free assay not to endorse Ohio as a likely source for gold deposits however, since you brought it up, Stonelick Creek, Sandy Creek, Brushy Fork, and the area around Bellville are edges of glaciation zones on which gold have been found.
Please do not use all Bold or all cap text.
And Goldshark was not talking about Gold, but PGMs as the poster he comments wishes/assumes he have.

Please do not use all Bold or all cap text.
And Goldshark was not talking about Gold, but PGMs as the poster he comments wishes/assumes he have.
Respectfully, I was clearly referring to a source of an assay as the poster was seeking. Not talking about PGMs in Ohio. Goldshark brought-up that he has " been seeking a Gold deposit for almost 40 years" and being from Ohio thought I'd share the info "since he brought it up".

I failed to realize that it was against policy to use certain typeface. I read about proper use of caps etc. but failed to see anything about bold-styled fonts. Could you please be kind enough to direct me to the appropriate area? I am trying to be responsible and avoid awakening any hostility or violating the forums rules in any way.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Relax Thomas. Not everything is specified in the written forum rules. The last time we revised the rules we added more individual items because they had come up since the last revision, but they can never be totally comprehensive.

Yggdrasil was just giving you a little guidance.

Dave

Respectfully, I was clearly referring to a source of an assay as the poster was seeking. Not talking about PGMs in Ohio. Goldshark brought-up that he has " been seeking a Gold deposit for almost 40 years" and being from Ohio thought I'd share the info "since he brought it up".

I failed to realize that it was against policy to use certain typeface. I read about proper use of caps etc. but failed to see anything about bold-styled fonts. Could you please be kind enough to direct me to the appropriate area? I am trying to be responsible and avoid awakening any hostility or violating the forums rules in any way.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
There is nothing in the rules about using all caps or bold text, it is just plain decency.
They are both considered shouting and as such considered impolite.

If you are near a University. A call to their Science Department may yield a cooperative Professor who can have a student assay it for you. My Daughter actually did this on a suspected meteorite for a local resident while obtaining her Chemistry degree from OSU as a RA.
Thank you for that tip! I am going to look into this and see where I can get to at this angle!

Best of luck.

Ferro magnesium.....hmmm......the images from that search led to seeing images of basalt...which looks identical to the black shale where my find is. There are thin layers and thick layers as well...I'll show in the following pics what I mean. Some of these will have a nugget connected to the black stuff and others have very thin layers of shining silver metallic contained within them. I may be wrong when I say black shale, it very well may be basalt....how can I know for sure which it is? Does any agency in the DNR do testing on this? I will also include a better close up photo of the nuggets...I apologize I suck at photography seriously. If there were a negative score for ability to take pictures, I'd be like -80 but here is effort to show what is hard to describe unless you've got a chunk in your hand. 16874735395993242550131978106348.jpg16874733941401176912591861296399.jpg

Attachments

• 1687473794224929629793755252645.jpg
    1687473794224929629793755252645.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 16874740257306471798169872465626.jpg
    16874740257306471798169872465626.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • 16874741021007976231517025186298.jpg
    16874741021007976231517025186298.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Back