Really need honest help.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ferro magnesium.....hmmm......the images from that search led to seeing images of basalt...which looks identical to the black shale where my find is. There are thin layers and thick layers as well...I'll show in the following pics what I mean. Some of these will have a nugget connected to the black stuff and others have very thin layers of shining silver metallic contained within them. I may be wrong when I say black shale, it very well may be basalt....how can I know for sure which it is? Does any agency in the DNR do testing on this? I will also include a better close up photo of the nuggets...I apologize I suck at photography seriously. If there were a negative score for ability to take pictures, I'd be like -80 but here is effort to show what is hard to describe unless you've got a chunk in your hand. View attachment 57582View attachment 57581
The upper photo does look like Basalt, the second photo looks to be composed primarily of Quartz. Sulfides seem to abound. I am not familiar enough with the geology in that area, to determine if these are naturally occurring, or if they have been emplaced, or salted, by any number of the unscrupulous. I do not see Shale in any of the samples. Perhaps you should start reading up on geology. The State has many in depth circulars for a specific area, and known deposits. Hook up with a geologist.

Well 6 months into the project I had my friend Shane Klesh come up and do a video. U can still find it. Klesh, 2018 August, Seward ak.
I'm still dealing with the aftermath of vandalize and the theft of about 10,000$ in ore. I have them on camera but the case is grinding along.
These people saw his video ....
You have to be extremely careful how you put gold mining content on youtube ..... theft and problems from youtube publicity can be a big problem ......

Back