recover gold from spent plating solution

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wjbtd

Dear friends
My company recover the gold from spent plating solution.The spent plating solution comes from electroplating industry which contians about 0.3g/L gold.And the solution has a lot of cyanide.
We use the zinc pieces to get the gold from the solution at present.The problem is we use too much zinc and the environment in the work area is not good.
Someone suggested me to use the diaphragm electrolysis,but i never used such a equipment.May anybody kindly give some instruction about the mechanism of diaphragm electrolysis,and some information about the equipment suppliers.
You also can sent the information to my email :[email protected]
Thanks a lot!
Best wishes.

Welcome to the forum.
I'm not up to speed on this process but a quick google search seems to point to it producing acid, this mixed with any cyanide is a big no no. The only way I know to drop the gold is the way your doing it but I would suggest using zinc dust and plenty of washes to remove any cyanide residues before removing the zinc with hydrochloric and either melting or refining. Please be careful working with this material...cyanide gives you no second chances!

Latest posts

Back