recover gold of sand

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One simple way used is the Blue Bowl:

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=blue+bowl+gold+concentrator&view=detail&id=56F957F6377A92EFE03267F5F47C17F734DDB852&first=1

my material includes very thin gold....So, the gold may going out. I'll try to make . I awaiting water pump. Have you a tutorial with chemical methode? I try with Hcl acid. I put Hcl acid and it stay 4 hours.

Before you make a bunch of costly mistakes, please stop what you are doing. You need to read. Read the messages on the gold refining forum and read Hokes book. Both are free. If you continue being in a rush, you may hurt yourself and others around you. You need knowledge before taking action. You could make it much more difficult to reclaim your gold without knowing the proper procedure(s) and could actually lose values. It cannot be stressed enough to study C.M.Hokes book and tthis forum.

bswartzwelder said:
Before you make a bunch of costly mistakes, please stop what you are doing. You need to read. Read the messages on the gold refining forum and read Hokes book. Both are free. If you continue being in a rush, you may hurt yourself and others around you. You need knowledge before taking action. You could make it much more difficult to reclaim your gold without knowing the proper procedure(s) and could actually lose values. It cannot be stressed enough to study C.M.Hokes book and tthis forum.

send me an link. I can't find both

john_paok said:
I have post in this but, I'd like chemical method. I don't like pan and other.....

The chemical methods for karat jewelry is different than that of ores and sands. Don't think that what works on karat jewelry will work for you, unless you are working with karat jewelry.

Jim

If the gold is visible in the sand then mechanical separation using a gold pan or some other gravity separation tool is your best chance to recover the gold.

With invisible gold in ore (rock) there are a few processes that may work, each one has steps that should be done to pre-treat the ore before trying to leach it, or to smelt it, also ore can be a wide variety of chemicals and metals in the rock so that each type of leach may not work with some types of ore, and leach may need to be chosen for the type of ore that your trying to leach, also as with other types of recovery base metals can quickly consume the leach, or create troubles with getting values into solution, cementing the values out or even when trying to recover the values from the leach, leaching ore is not as easy as it sounds, or as easy as you think it would be.

Latest posts

Back