REDNECK ORE SAMPLING

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Precipitate from AR1 and AR2.. will give AR2 another 24 hours as it is behind in processing by a good day of sunshine. Next step, I will pull off as much solution as I can.

Question: 1st step in waste processing I think i read as adding copper. Will pre-82 copper pennies work ? 95% copper/5% zinc ??......
2nd step - add iron
Final step pour solution in fire pit ash and burn another layer of ash onto it while I roast the next batch of REDNECK ore in same fire ?
It might be wise to adjust the pH a bit before step 2 first.
But the best for step one will be pure Copper bar or similar.
The Zinc will precipitate most all other metals as well, in this step you are basically just double checking that nothing of value has passed you by.
The Iron cementing will drop almost pure Copper.

Precipitate from AR1 and AR2.. will give AR2 another 24 hours as it is behind in processing by a good day of sunshine. Next step, I will pull off as much solution as I can.

Question: 1st step in waste processing I think i read as adding copper. Will pre-82 copper pennies work ? 95% copper/5% zinc ??......
2nd step - add iron
Final step pour solution in fire pit ash and burn another layer of ash onto it while I roast the next batch of REDNECK ore in same fire ?
No, read the dealing with waste again please.

Results of this ore type was that is did produce some brown precipitate, very small amount. I drained off all the solution that I could and then took a pipette and drew out the precipitate from the bottom and put it into a collector jar.

Dealing with the waste solutions from hcl baths (for two ore types) and then AR from both ore samplings, all collected into 1 mason jar,, and is probably half water.

Put in a couple copper pennies and let it simmer for two days. Some black did form of the pennies, but not much. There was also some white precipitate that formed, again, not much.

Poured off and into another mason jar and I stuck an iron bar into it. This was far more reactive than the copper and bubbles immediately formed on the Iron bar... but this slowed down rather quickly. I will let this sit a day or two before step 3.

Question: After the IRON bar treatment, can we assume that all toxic metal salts will have been removed ?,, leaving only the iron in the acid solution ?

Attachments

• WASTE MNGT.jpg
    WASTE MNGT.jpg
    1.4 MB
  • WASTE MNGT3.jpg
    WASTE MNGT3.jpg
    936.9 KB
  • WASTE MNGT2.jpg
    WASTE MNGT2.jpg
    1.1 MB
Results of this ore type was that is did produce some brown precipitate, very small amount. I drained off all the solution that I could and then took a pipette and drew out the precipitate from the bottom and put it into a collector jar.

Dealing with the waste solutions from hcl baths (for two ore types) and then AR from both ore samplings, all collected into 1 mason jar,, and is probably half water.

Put in a couple copper pennies and let it simmer for two days. Some black did form of the pennies, but not much. There was also some white precipitate that formed, again, not much.

Poured off and into another mason jar and I stuck an iron bar into it. This was far more reactive than the copper and bubbles immediately formed on the Iron bar... but this slowed down rather quickly. I will let this sit a day or two before step 3.

Question: After the IRON bar treatment, can we assume that all toxic metal salts will have been removed ?,, leaving only the iron in the acid solution ?
Read dealing with waste!!!
Don't assume anything, there is more to it.

Latest posts

Back