Reduction of Gold ions by reusable poly(tyramine)

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djbenner2000

Hello everyone. This is my first thread/post on this forum. I am just getting into refining gold from electronic scrap. I have been doing a lot of research on this topic for the past month and came across an article from Saga University in Japan regarding the reduction of Gold ions using Tyramine. I was wondering if anyone on this forum has experimented using Tyramine to reduce their gold. From what I gathered from the article, Poly(tyramine)'s solubility is based on pH, and that it is not consumed by the reduction of gold ions. Has this reached the gold refining community yet?

EDIT: Here is the URL: http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ie100127g

To can only see the whole document if you purchase it, which I am not going to do.

When I see Amine in the chemical I think of ammonium group compounds.something about this also sounds like it is related to organic chemistry, or biological chemistry.

I have not done any study in this area, although I have seen many articles, discussing gold and this type of chemistry in medical, biological, or organic chemistry, I read some of them, but normally do not study, as organic chemistry (bio-chemistry) is a whole another field of chemistry than the inorganic or physical chemistry I have begun studying.

Like in electronics the studies (of some sciences), are just about worlds apart although some what related, like radio, digital, and basic electronics can be totally separate fields of study, many principles will overlap, but each almost have their own language.

If your interested I did quick goggled and came up with this, I will not research into it as I would have to learn more organic chemistry to be able to understand any details.
http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&site=&source=hp&q=poly(tyramine)+amino+group&btnK=Google+Search&rlz=1R2RNQN_enUS457&psj=1&oq=&aq=&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=4390b44958df70a2&biw=1024&bih=583

I wonder if these are similar in nature to collecting gold on carbon?

niteliteone,

The main purpose of those "reports" are to identify spam (and other things, such as unsafe procedures). In this case, I see none of these problems, so I deleted your report. You said in the report, "link to document we must pay to see". That's true, but it seems clear to me that djbenner2000 wasn't spamming.

The problem with these reports is that we mods (only) see a big annoying red exclamation point next to the posts. That way, if it is spam, we can maybe delete the post and decide whether or not to ban the poster.

These "reports" are important. I'm just asking that, in some cases, the members use a little more discretion when using them. The more you use them, the more work it is for us.

Thank you goldsilverpro for the judgement call. I am in no way affiliated with that organization. I just wanted to include where I got this information from.

It is definitly in the realm of Organic Chemistry. I have also seen the reduction of Chloroauric acid by introduction of heat and Oxalic Acid. That too is an organic reaction and I cannot seem to find a lot of information on that process either.

I have yet to process any gold. So, I guess I'll stick with Sodium Metabisulfite until I have a better understanding of the overall process.

Latest posts

Back