Refine gold scrap HELP :(

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

panzerdeni

Hi all i am new :)
I have one question how can i refine gold i have 2 old PCs. I read all most all TOPICs but i don´t find complete post with how to refine the gold.
Do i need to make Agua Regia or with Acids ? and which acids i need to make Agua Regia i have one recepi in spanish for make the Agua Regia ( is in spanish becouse i leave in spain ). If some one know how to make the agua regia and how to refine the gold i will be very thankful :)

THANKS evry one for read my first topic :)

panzerdeni said:
Hi all i am new :)
I have one question how can i refine gold i have 2 old PCs. I read all most all TOPICs but i don´t find complete post with how to refine the gold.
Do i need to make Agua Regia or with Acids ? and which acids i need to make Agua Regia i have one recepi in spanish for make the Agua Regia ( is in spanish becouse i leave in spain ). If some one know how to make the agua regia and how to refine the gold i will be very thankful :)

THANKS evry one for read my first topic :)

Take your time and read the forum and Hoke's book until you understand what you will be doing.
You will not find much gold in 2 old PCs. If you want to pursue this hobby, I suggest to keep looking for more to add to your pile while you learn how to safely process them.

Jim

I agree with jimdoc. Bcause there is no step-by-step process to recovering and refining precious metals from E-scrap. You will first have to collect more scrap. Then sort this scrap by catagorys like pins, fingers, processors and so on. Because each of these things will have to be processed differently. Keep reading as much as you can on this forum and don't just jump head first in to any process and you will do well. Good luck and be safe!

Hi!
Welcome to the forum!
From reading your post, you are at the stage where you want to be collecting materials and stockpile it. Not attempting to use the chemicals needed for refining! It will take you some time to read and learn what you need to know in order to safely recover and then to refine your pm's. By that time you will have enough material to make it worthwhile to refine.
This forum is the place where you will learn about what is in your materials, how other members process each type of component, how to test to see how the reactions are progressing and that you've gotten all the values out and aren't throwing some away, then how to refine the gold and silver that you recovered.
And most important! SAFETY! Before you ever open the first bottle of chemical, you must know how to protect yourself and others and be prepaired if something does go wrong! Finaly! how to deal with the waste products.
You will learn all of this and more and, have people here to help you along the way.
Good luck and we look foreward to seeing your first gold!

artart47

Latest posts

Back