Refine jewelry refining

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catxyoli

i'v decided to buy gold from people and refine it at home to ressell it in "large" "ingot" form, so how can i diferentiate 14Kt from 18Kt and 22Kt

ive seen testing kits over the net but mostly are with HCL how do i difer one Kt of another and after that how can i refine them into 24Kt ingot?

Not to sound rude but for you to ask that group of questions I would suggest that you first read Hoke cover to cover then visit Lasersteve’s web site and view his videos so you have a visual frame of reference for what you want to do. Then if you have questions about what you have learned having done your due diligence you will find that the people here with the greatest amount of knowledge will be the ones answering your questions.

Thanks Pro ... im learning like you , i found this forum a week or two ago and since there iv read for now about 7 or 10 hours , iv learned a lot what i was hoping was for a simple method to identify karats , since is very hard for me buying nitric to make aqua regia ......

but ill find that nitric

We can scratch item on a stone and a scratch of needle of known karat from gold needle, and use acid to dissolve the scratch marks, determining by how they dissolve what karat,
Also some people buy electronic tool to use to test with.
The reason they said you must do your homework is many of is have studied for years and many things cannot be answered in a single post.
Or sometimes from a single book. We all have to do our homework if we are serious about this, and if we expect to be successful at it, and of coarse gain experience at it.
Here are a couple of things you can look for:
gold hunter test kit intranet,
http://www.goldrecovery.us Lasersteves site.
Testing with stannous this forum.
shor site how to make & use gold test solution intranet.
Pawnbroker guide to testing a link was recently posted.
And as qst42know stated there is whole section here on testing.

Latest posts

Back