refiners

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wrecker45

hi guys i have done a lot of reading on here lately . i tried refining with i shore chemicals last summer with no luck im thinking of having a refiner do about 100 lbs of cpus and fingers and i also have some 18 ct layered gold chain to see how much i get then try refining some myself at a later date any thoughts on this

If you don't see more scrap in your future, or a limited supply of it, I would say have someone else refine it for you on a percentage basis. If you have a steady supply of scrap then you may want to try again using the methods outlined here and starting small.

Refining scrap yourself requires the proper tools, chemicals, and safety gear so don't forget that if you decide to refine it yourself you will have to pony up some cash up front for the necessary supplies.

Personally, I refine for others and myself. I get a great satisfaction out of turning scrap into pure gold and PGMs. There's nothing that compares to the feeling of holding pure gold, silver, platinum, and palladium that you have refined yourself. Refining to me is also very relaxing, it helps me escape my stressful day job and do Chemistry which I really enjoy.

I've always loved learning new things and with refining, I've never stopped learning since day one.

Steve

thanks steve i have 22 computer repair shops giving me there scrap and im looking for more i sell mother boards for $3.25 a pound .but would like to get into refing cpus and fingers . i am also going to start buying gold jewlery i am located in ontario canada...jim

Latest posts

Back