Removing ceramic top off of ceramic cpu

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitchd

Hi all befor asking my question I just wanted to say how very much this site has helped me to recover gold from gold filled items and computer parts I could not have do it with out all your help. THANKS!!

I have a question on how to remove the ceramic top on intel pentium cpu's and other types like amd k5 with the gold plate metal caps with out damage to the chip inside and leave most of the gold inside. the pins come off eazy and then the cap is soldered down with a silver tin solder or a silver tin gold solder that will after a long time in the acid will come off but by that time the chip inside has lost it's color and luster and most of the gold comes lose. What I am trying to do is save the chip inside for jewelry and have sawed them out but can only do square to retangle shape and there is not much area left to drill or set the chips for making jewelry out of them. Any one know of a way to do this?

Mitch.

Attachments

• APR12 033.JPG
    APR12 033.JPG
    151.8 KB · Views: 235
metal caps i put them in a pot full off hot water then just flick em off with a knife while holding them in a towel,a bit like opening an oyster.
others can be dont with a blow torch and a knife.

Latest posts

Back