Rhodium-precip and now what?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harryr

Looking for feedback, encouragement and advise.
The precipitation in the picture was the product of a sulphuric-HCL acid and water leach on ore. The digestion time was 4 hours while it was agitated and heated to 170F. The solution was cooled and filtered. Using lie the solution Ph was increased to 2 when the precipitation occurred. Filtered and put out to dry as you see in the picture.
rh precip.jpg
I then let the precip dry and fire in an autoclave at 850C for 6 hours in a hydrogen atmosphere. I get what you see in the following picture.Rh sponge.jpg
Here is my problem. I dont know how to verify the actual Rh content of either product. I did read on the forum a posting by 'Lou' about taking the precip and boiling it in H2SO4. I did that and this picture shows the color of the solution. What I dont know is if it is the solution color which is the indicator or what is left at the bottom, not in the picture, which to me looks like some of the clay silt I never got filtered out.
Rh-h2so4.jpg
Any comments, advise, and dialogue would be great. I am working alone with old books that seem to have better ways for my ore than the new industry methods. Thanks.
Harry

Latest posts

Back