rolled gold / filled plated watch parts scrap 287 g

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

damezbullion

hi there how much should i be looking to offer for this? there is 4 small watch face in there and the rest looks ok, mostly bracelets and bangles,im looking for rolled gold for my first attempt at a chemical refine with it but dont know what to pay, i dont know what type plate it is or what hallmarks it has either, i know you all hate ebay but what would you offer?

Sounds like you haven't studied the forum enough to me.
You should be learning how to figure out things for yourself, and it has all been discussed on the forum before. So the search button is where to "ask" your questions. Your question will not get you any correct answer here because it is too vague, and you can't ask about every Ebay auction you find anyway, that will get old real quick.

Jim

jimdoc said:
Sounds like you haven't studied the forum enough to me.
You should be learning how to figure out things for yourself, and it has all been discussed on the forum before. So the search button is where to "ask" your questions. Your question will not get you any correct answer here because it is too vague, and you can't ask about every Ebay auction you find anyway, that will get old real quick.

Jim
i have but im not going to do any workings out if i dont know what plate gold it its, my calculations would be different if was all 1/20 and i calculated it for 1/10 im totally aware of the calculator thanks,
this is the ebay and other auctions thread right? somewhere to post ebay auctions?
just a simple roundabout answer from someone with experience with rolled gold would of been fine,
not a newbie lecture about a search bar!

if we all used the search bar, there be no new posts, with no new posts to questions answered, means there would be nothing else to search for, and the point of the forum then would be?

i need recent prices not a price of 1/20 in 2010 thats 2 years ago!

If you are "not going to do any workings out if i dont know what plate gold it is" Then why should someone else bother to do it for you? Or more importantly, how would they know what plate gold it is? Get real.

Jim

All of Jim's points are valid, but aside from asking if it is a good deal or not, which probably isn't, you should pay great attention to how the ad is worded! I've done quite a few refines for people who purchase from eBay, and they word their ad's to help protect themselves and disguise the material. When they say it is "rolled gold/filled/plated" chances are 90% if it is just cheap gold plated material with a couple of pieces that are actually gold filled.

if i was him and i knew the answer i would have given it anyone without "sarcasm" included iv been studying my behind of for past couple of months i just needed a simple answers so i haven't got to do a load more research an by the time i found my answer the auction will be over, he hast a valid point at all in my view, i have no experience with rolled gold or eBay, so this question was for someone who has done it, and thanks for the answer, you probably saved my a few quid, now if you dint answer me i probably would of found the calculations bought the gold and found out it wasn't what it was, i sure wish i would of asked in the first place then! :)

Hey damez,
LOL, don't take this personally, I grew up watching a lot of British comedy, and when I read your posts I can't but help but recite it with a heavy English accent in my head!!!

cnbarr said:
Hey damez,
LOL, don't take this personally, I grew up watching a lot of British comedy, and when I read your posts I can't but help but recite it with a heavy English accent in my head!!!
lol not at all its ok, im from down south so i got a farmer accent tho its not as strong on me as some of my mates, there proper combine harvester drivers lol

damezbullion said:
if i was him and i knew the answer i would have given it anyone without "sarcasm" included iv been studying my behind of for past couple of months i just needed a simple answers so i haven't got to do a load more research an by the time i found my answer the auction will be over, he hast a valid point at all in my view, i have no experience with rolled gold or eBay, so this question was for someone who has done it, and thanks for the answer, you probably saved my a few quid, now if you dint answer me i probably would of found the calculations bought the gold and found out it wasn't what it was, i sure wish i would of asked in the first place then! :)

So how much did the auction end at? Where is a link? Now that it is over someone may be able to tell you what it should have gone for when they actually see the auction and some pictures.
NOBODY could give you a correct answer with the information you gave, I wasn't being sarcastic.
You don't get it, maybe someday you will.

Notice in your profile the posts per day;

Last visited: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:05 pm
Total posts: 110
[0.07% of all posts / 12.22 posts per day]

12.22 posts per day is way too many when you should be studying and taking notes, in my opinion.

Compare that to all the moderators to see how high that number is. This isn't school, where every student gets a complete update and all their questions answered. They have all been asked before, and are all in this forum to be looked up. Sorry if that sounds anti social to you, but maybe I am. And maybe you should think about the questions you ask before you ask them. All the red underlined words in your posts gets to be annoying also. If you are going to call me on "sarcasm" those are my points back to you.

Jim

you all need to get out more! and stop worrying about thing that are nothing to do with you, i try to answer everybody question or have a good crack at it i also try i make my self shown on any subject unlike other members who just comment to have a pop. as are time frames are different also i have a screen full post that has been unread as your all typing when i sleep.
i suggest you back up, im NOT going any where soon, so if you dont like it, dont read it,and refrain yourself from your silly little school boy digs about typing too much
if you cant type more than 2 words a min thats not my problem,learn to keep up!

Damian as a fellow Brit and a fairly longstanding member of the forum I will suggeest you refrain from too much mud slinging at other members, we really don't like it! I can understand your excitement at finding this oh so valuable resource but be aware no one has a right to be here, we are all guests and we conform to the rules set by Noxx and his moderators or leave very rapidly. When you have been here as long as most of the other members on this thread you will see why they give the replies they do, virtually all the questions you have now or in the future have been discussed and many times in most cases, the answers are checked and any misinformation is challenged and discussed in full until a satisfactory result is reached, we have many members here who can run rings round me in refining and chemistry and I listen to what they all have to say and learn virtually every day.
If you wish to remain a member and gain the knowledge you seek id suggest an apology and learn how this forum works, it's very much self help but with support if you do your part and read and learn, to put it into perspective I can't tell you all you need to know and I have owned and run my own refinery and been involved in this business for over 35 years....but these guys can!

nickvc said:
Damian as a fellow Brit and a fairly longstanding member of the forum I will suggeest you refrain from too much mud slinging at other members, we really don't like it! I can understand your excitement at finding this oh so valuable resource but be aware no one has a right to be here, we are all guests and we conform to the rules set by Noxx and his moderators or leave very rapidly. When you have been here as long as most of the other members on this thread you will see why they give the replies they do, virtually all the questions you have now or in the future have been discussed and many times in most cases, the answers are checked and any misinformation is challenged and discussed in full until a satisfactory result is reached, we have many members here who can run rings round me in refining and chemistry and I listen to what they all have to say and learn virtually every day.
If you wish to remain a member and gain the knowledge you seek id suggest an apology and learn how this forum works, it's very much self help but with support if you do your part and read and learn, to put it into perspective I can't tell you all you need to know and I have owned and run my own refinery and been involved in this business for over 35 years....but these guys can!
i cant listen if i dont ask! forum rule does not state the amount of questions i am allowed to ask,i dont care if your from the uk,America or the moon i have a right to ask and the right to defend myself if i feel someone is being invasive! if you study my posts so far instead of going off the assumptions off to seiners "active" members posts you will realize that a lot of my post are from my tutorial section or questions that have had multiple replies in a debate.

i thought forum meant A public meeting place for open discussion?
or is it a public meeting involving a discussion usually among experts and often including audience participation ?

i have nothing else to say on the subject my question was answered a long time ago.
thank you

damezbullion said:
nickvc said:
i cant listen if i dont ask! forum rule does not state the amount of questions i am allowed to ask,i dont care if your from the uk,America or the moon i have a right to ask and the right to defend myself if i feel someone is being invasive! if you study my posts so far instead of going off the assumptions off to seiners "active" members posts you will realize that a lot of my post are from my tutorial section or questions that have had multiple replies in a debate.

i thought forum meant A public meeting place for open discussion?
or is it a public meeting involving a discussion usually among experts and often including audience participation ?

i have nothing else to say on the subject my question was answered a long time ago.
thank you

I would say you are in violation of Harold's Golden Rule;
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
And in violation quite frequently.

You are lucky I don't have the power to ban you, because I am getting tired of you and your nonsense!

Jim

damezbullion said:
you all need to get out more! and stop worrying about thing that are nothing to do with you, i try to answer everybody question or have a good crack at it i also try i make my self shown on any subject unlike other members who just comment to have a pop. as are time frames are different also i have a screen full post that has been unread as your all typing when i sleep.
i suggest you back up, im NOT going any where soon, so if you dont like it, dont read it,and refrain yourself from your silly little school boy digs about typing too much

You need to learn punctuation, grammar, and spelling to make your typing readable. Don't you worry about being so fast that no one can keep up with you. There is no language barrier here, it is your complete lack of caring what your words look like in type, that make your posts difficult to read.
Then your nonsensical ramblings make it all the worse. Starting sentences with a capital letter would be a start, but don't stop there.
Slow down, and don't feel the need to comment on everything, before you are no longer here.

Jim

jimdoc said:
damezbullion said:

You need to learn punctuation, grammar, and spelling to make your typing readable. Don't you worry about being so fast that no one can keep up with you. There is no language barrier here, it is your complete lack of caring what your words look like in type, that make your posts difficult to read.
Then your nonsensical ramblings make it all the worse. Starting sentences with a capital letter would be a start, but don't stop there.
Slow down, and don't feel the need to comment on everything, before you are no longer here.

Jim
feel better? all that for a capital letter, are you threatening me now, as that's against forum rules

damezbullion said:
jimdoc said:
damezbullion said:

Jim
feel better? all that for a capital letter, are you threatening me now, as that's against forum rules

My opinion is you should be gone!
I'm done talking to you. You don't get it.
Hope you enjoyed your stay!

Jim

Latest posts

Back