rolled gold / filled plated watch parts scrap 287 g

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
glondor said:
You forgot your capital letter..... just saying.

Mike: Don't make me drive out there and have a talk with you lol
As for the parts buy as low as you can, refine, then see if you make a profit.
As my sig says " It's all learning"

damezbullion,
Man, it is looking like you are just putting your foot in your mouth.

I have to admit I have not followed most all of your posts, I soon found them very hard to read, and usually just asking silly questions, or talking to be talking.

I took it, as you were young, new, and excited.

But the way you have spoken to our senior members is disturbing, the same guy's who could help you learn.

This is unacceptable behavior.

I believe you need to take a break, think about what you post, spend some time studying, and spend some time learning, instead of trying to teach, or trying to be the center of attention, or trying to run the show.

When you start to become a problem for the forum, you will no longer be on this forum.
And after what I have read here, you sir, are becoming problems, and are disrupting the forum.

You have a choice now, as well as do I.
It is my Hope we will both make the right choice.

I suggest you only open your mouth enough to apologize, and then shut it, and start to study, and think about what you say, so that when you do speak it has meaning.

Otherwise you leave me with only one option to help settle the problem.

Note: I see you have 129 posts in less than a month, I expect to see 130 (the post with the sincere apology), and then if you wish to learn begin studying, and listening.

there will be no apology from me, ill leave it here only for the sake that i respect a member or 2 in this thread, i suggest seiner members keep there snobby comments to them self's if they do like the reply!
there is no limits on posts, and most posts are in my own threads.
"the same guy who could heplp you learn" the same guy who told me to somewhere else to learn
and believe me, banning me from this forum for "personal reason", would be a big mistake!

He made a choice, which made my choice too easy.

damezbullion had about 35 different IP addresses, I do not know if he had some kind of program generating these or what , all these IP's have been added to the banned from forum list, I have a feeling he may try something here as in his profile he posted lock picking as a hobby, and may try something, possibly logging in with a new name.

P.S. There was nothing personal, or for personal reasons, in the decision made, and I feel damezbullion is the one who made the mistake with his last two comments, one of which I deleted.

You did right Butcher. He will be back but it's easy enough to spot his personality and attitude.

Funny, after you have been here for a while, you can see it coming from almost the first post.
I wonder if he is not just a past "member" here to stir things up. Seems to have a familiar mentality.

Thanks for banning this guy, he is a guy that can go fill up space on some other forum. He was just an accident waiting to happen with this hobby. Sadly he will probably start his own refining website or forum, because he thinks he knows it all.

When I saw his Youtube videos, I knew his chance of remaining a member here was zero. His chances weren't really too good before I saw those videos either.

Jim

butcher said:
I have a feeling he may try something here as in his profile he posted lock picking as a hobby, and may try something, possibly logging in with a new name.
Hmmm... 35 different IP addresses... I wouldn't be surprised to see something like a Denial-of-Service (DoS) Attack or something similar. Something to watch for.

So if everyone who got the "You've been banned permanently" message thinks their heart fluttered, just be aware you could see other forum downtime if he decides to be vindictive.

Dave

Something tells me he is not educated enough to know how to orchestrate a DoS or Brute Force attack. However, I am. (I minored in Cyber Security) :p Conversely, I know how to prevent one, so if any assistance is needed, shoot me a pm. :)

I'm sorry guys I did try to defuse the situation but unfortunately Damian seemed to be better than all of us and know better than all our assembled mentors... It makes me sad to see anyone banned when there is so much available here on the forum with the right attitude with help and support to boot.

Damian wasn't paying attention to the road signs when he was driving. That is why he drove himself off a cliff. Jimdoc nailed it on the head when he said:

"Sounds like you haven't studied the forum enough to me.
You should be learning how to figure out things for yourself, and it has all been discussed on the forum before. So the search button is where to "ask" your questions. Your question will not get you any correct answer here because it is too vague, and you can't ask about every Ebay auction you find anyway, that will get old real quick."

That was the first sign that would have shown him an answer to his question. He got sound advice from a senior member of this forum. What else could you ask for? However, instead of taking a hint like a big boy, he continued to carry on. This is not school for children, as jimdoc even said:

"This isn't school, where every student gets a complete update and all their questions answered. They have all been asked before, and are all in this forum to be looked up."

That was the second sign. See to me those are signs. I spent 8 years in the Army, part of a combat infantry battalion. When a senior member gives you advice or pointers, you take them gratefully, despite the presentation. That is part of being on the bottom of the food chain. When you are on the bottom of the food chain, you use your ears more than your mouth...period.

I could tell off the bat that Damian wasn't doing his homework, just by the type of questions and conversations he was engaging in. When everyone recommends reading Hoke, it is for a reason. Truly the majority of basic knowledge of this craft lies in her book. Everything else is the more detailed aspects of the craft.

He had plenty of warning and should have known better from the start. I wouldn't worry about it Nick. 8)

No your right you could never block me, my ip changes every 15 minuets, you would have to block every one, as for dos id run circles round you, and this forum doesn't need a brute force attack i can just catch all the traffic and get the administrators md5 hash code,bit of tweaking here and there and wolla iv the administrator password, childs play, im very fluent on my computers believe me, but no, im not taking this opportunity to take vengeance, but ill use it just to simply say that i do apologize, maybe i was little out of line, i cant help saying how it is sometimes, but thats me, maybe jimcoc's name should be in green if hes sooo important!
no hard feelings,

DamezBullioN

p.s no post were deleted whatsoever, there was no need to lie to make you decision worthy!

im afraid i may have a hand in that. i had been coaching Damien for over a month and explained the best i could about the workings of the forum. there was very little i could say or do once he joined. from the first couple of post, i could tell he was not going to be a good fit with the forum. he never made me feel he would react the way he did. he was always polite and respectful. i hate to see a young man with his enthusiasm throw away an opportunity to learn this craft from some of the best minds in the field.

Damien, these are really good people. they are very protective of one another and any thing that can be perceived as an attack from a newcomer is squashed. i try to never speak out of turn. every time i log in, i take on the attitude of being in school because thats exactly what it is. posting excessively before doing your home work makes everyone question your competency.

concerning
DamezBullioN
Kellyb

Hacking is against the law, as well as threatening to disrupt this forum, or destruction of others property.

This really shows me how childish this individual is, thinking that with his threats he can get another chance and we somehow would accept an apology.

I was willing to give him every chance, He blew it, and has proven he is nothing but a spoiled Brat, that needed his butt whipped, and actually still needs it now at his age (some people do not seem to grow up).

This only reinforces in my mind, his banning him is the best for the forum.

Kellyb has been banned also for his threats to disrupt the forum, and threatening to illegally Hack, if he is not given his way, with intention of destruction to others property, an illegal act.

He may soon find himself in jail if he keeps this up, and does not grow up.

With what He has said on open forum he just put his foot further in his mouth, he is also leaving evidence, with his threats of illegal activity if he does not get his way.

This is sad someone should have taught him better when He was growing up.

Sounds like someone just got a Wikipedia degree. We know what part of the world you live in, more precisely what country. Finding you would be as easy as finding my left foot.

"Catch all the traffic and and get the administrators md5 hash code"......Yeah right.

This is my last post, in regards to anything about you. Grow up, and move on. We are adults here and this is not your forum. The consensus is you are not welcome here, so it would be better if you find another forum. But with your latest statement, I am on to you and will be watching closely.

I used to have a dsl router that would only connect to the internet when it was needed (sort of like dial-up dsl... it sucked). anyways, it would have a new IP every time it connected. You don't have to be tech-savvy to have a changing IP. It makes it scary to know about that and ban someone: what if someone else has a changing IP, and they happen to change to one that's banned? - also, as he demonstrated, IP banning doesn't always do much good.

noxx

How about using an ACL thats mac address based.You could send out a site wide email requesting all members summit there mac address so that you can further secure the site and any one not on that list will definitely not be able to access the site period,and make it a new requirement to join the forum that way if some one needs banning you can just remove there mac address from the list and they would be permanently locked out.Unless they went through the trouble of replacing there NIC card in the computer there using.

modtheworld44

Latest posts

Back