rolled gold / filled plated watch parts scrap 287 g

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is all part of the good fight. It is highly unlikely that one of our good standing members would get an IP that was on the banned list if he or she had the same type of IP renewal lease time, as Damian claims to have. There are massive amounts of IP combinations right now. Especially with IPv6 in the works. Every member of this forum could routinely get banned for years, and I don't think we would come close to a situation like that happening. However, lets say it did. If the member didn't do anything to deserve a ban and it was a simple error, one email to an administrator and the problem would be solved.

Right now, for all we know, Damian could have walked down to the nearest open Wifi spot and created an account. We really don't know. As far as his other claims of being able to perform a DoS or Brute Force attack on GRF; highly unlikely. I won't elaborate on the hows and whys, for I don't want to write any instruction manual for the wrong people to read.

Modtheworld44, that is a very good option. That definitely would make it harder to replicate an account.

Modtheworld44,

I have never used my PC to access the forum. I have only used my smart phone. Would your suggestion work with my phone? I know the MAC addres of my home router but not my phone.

Derek

modtheworld44 said:
noxx

How about using an ACL thats mac address based.You could send out a site wide email requesting all members summit there mac address so that you can further secure the site and any one not on that list will definitely not be able to access the site period,and make it a new requirement to join the forum that way if some one needs banning you can just remove there mac address from the list and they would be permanently locked out.Unless they went through the trouble of replacing there NIC card in the computer there using.

modtheworld44

Just tryin to think about how that would work for me. I access the site from several different points.... my home PC, 2 laptops I use for work, my BlackBerry, the wife's tablet and so on.
It would make it difficult for guys like me that move around a lot.

Woodworker1997 said:
Modtheworld44,

I have never used my PC to access the forum. I have only used my smart phone. Would your suggestion work with my phone? I know the MAC addres of my home router but not my phone.

Derek

Woodworker1997

Yes it would work,any device that has wifi has a mac address because that is basically the wifi cards internal serial number and without a mac address your wifi wouldn't work right.

resabed01 said:
modtheworld44 said:
noxx

How about using an ACL thats mac address based.You could send out a site wide email requesting all members summit there mac address so that you can further secure the site and any one not on that list will definitely not be able to access the site period,and make it a new requirement to join the forum that way if some one needs banning you can just remove there mac address from the list and they would be permanently locked out.Unless they went through the trouble of replacing there NIC card in the computer there using.

modtheworld44

Just tryin to think about how that would work for me. I access the site from several different points.... my home PC, 2 laptops I use for work, my BlackBerry, the wife's tablet and so on.
It would make it difficult for guys like me that move around a lot.

resabed01

You would supply Noxx with all the mac addresses of those devices.My home network is set with an ACL this same way stops people from being able to get to my network even if they break through my encryption, because they're not on the list and it will automatically kick them if they're mac address doesn't match up.

modtheworld44

I don't think noxx would have enough time to enter almost 20,000 members?
Mods do an excellent job at what they do.

I agree the mods do a good job, a MAC list would be hard to do, normally in a routed IP the MAC of the IP is the last hop of the router the packet came from, your MAC gets replaced with the router's MAC and so on down the line, of course that is in an Ethernet network and changing your MAC is easy enough, a one liner in Linux Windows a little more. I could be wrong about the first part been a while since routing class.

mjgraham said:
I agree the mods do a good job, a MAC list would be hard to do, normally in a routed IP the MAC of the IP is the last hop of the router the packet came from, your MAC gets replaced with the router's MAC and so on down the line, of course that is in an Ethernet network and changing your MAC is easy enough, a one liner in Linux Windows a little more. I could be wrong about the first part been a while since routing class.
I'll second that. The MAC address is only local to your local net, one switch (hop) away and it will be replaced with the MAC address of the switch.
It will just not work.

Göran

I have no clue about computers and much of what is being discussed.

Troublemakers are normally those with a bone to pick, because they have been banned, when they come back to cause trouble they normally have to sign up as a new member with a new name, and if an old IP was banned a different computer or IP.

What if we could we have some type of a way to filter new members, or a simple way to watch for the suspicious new member (who may be the member banned), also when these guys want to come back and create havoc, I feel once it becomes too much work, or they get bored they give up and go onto some thing else, slowing down there ability to just sign up and continue the fight may deter many, maybe a door that can be closed to new members long enough to clean up a mess, and then maybe able to see who is coming through the door (like a suspicious character sneaking into the store to create trouble), or a greeting room where members are met and welcomed before the mix with the general public, where they could not just signup and continue a fight.

Could the forum be locked so that no new members are accepted for a short period of time immediately after someone is banned? I dont think someone would come back a couple days later because by then they have gotten over being banned and they will simply move on down the line and forget about it. I think locking the forum for 2-3 days would stop alot of the repeat offenders in their tracks as they would not know why they could not join and would give up the fight after a few tries. I dont know how many new members join each day but i dont think there are more than a couple per day, if that. Just a thought...

a 1 week waiting period before new members can post may work as well. that should give them enough time to read the first couple of chapters in Hoke's book before they can post questions or comments. new member can be provided a link and a warning to have read enough to post serious questions instead of " i put alot of different stuff in this here jug and poured yay much of this here liquid stuff on top of it.now its turned neon pink, what is this stuff?"

Geo said:
a 1 week waiting period before new members can post may work as well. that should give them enough time to read the first couple of chapters in Hoke's book before they can post questions or comments. new member can be provided a link and a warning to have read enough to post serious questions instead of " i put alot of different stuff in this here jug and poured yay much of this here liquid stuff on top of it.now its turned neon pink, what is this stuff?"

Oh shucks that sounds like my normal processing Geo :shock: :lol:

I've been here a year almost and have a whopping 31 posts. But then again I've read almost every post old and new and trying to absorb as much as I can. I have bought some supposed 14k gold filled items from ebay that I would like to process but will wait till warmer weather. Bought 70 grams worth figure if my calculations are correct should yield 2 grams of gold give or take. Spent 30ish dollars on the items total. So if they are true will be a good return if not it will be a good learning experience and I will never buy from them again.

Geo- You got neon pink solution? Huh.. Mine turned out sky blue orange. Must not have done it right. Oh now what do I do? Should I add more of this here powder and mix it all up with this here aluminum pipe? :twisted:

You gotta plug the aluminum pipe in first. This forces the "microgold" to trans mutate to a beautiful form. this works for all neon pink or sky blue orange solutions. But, you skipped a step, You must wave a turkey feather over the beaker twice, not once or three times, twice, Then (this is important) you must leave the solution for the amount of time it takes to wax the cat, so I suggest you go wax the cat, then you insert the ALUMINUM STAFF OF NOBILITY.

You will instantly see sparks, smoke, and a vigorous reaction. This is the microgold being mutated into "teenager gold" . This gold you must watch with care, as if you don't it will not do what you want and "wander off" to do its own thing. A trick I found is to play loud hip hop music, as it seems to get the "teenager" gold to stay together to form the massive micro gold carpet of purple. Once you have the purple carpet, you are on your way to riches and fame.

Don't forget your personal chant.

Other than that I think you are on the right track. Let us know of your yield! and don't forget to like us on Facebook, Tweet your results and visit my ebay store. Turkey feathers are on sale this week.

Happy micron hunting Maerlin.

(WOW am i ever in a goofy mood)

My question is not about the process because i understand that part. My question would be what type of wax to use for the cat. Would that be Paraffin wax, Carnauba wax, or just plain Beeswax. I don't want to get that far and mess it all up. Not to mention the emotional stress this puts kitty under!

Palladium, Very important question indeed. You can access that information in my new book, MICRON GOLD IN MY SOUP available from my website. Cat waxing and many other important processes are covered. I really encourage you to purchase this guide, as it covers so many things we need to know for metal recovery. Cat waxing is covered in the chapter "Purple to Gold" in 22 easy incantations. I will tell you>>>>>Carnuba is a no no for cat waxing.

Something that I've learned from first hand experience with cat waxing. If you choose to wax your cat you have one very important procedure to do before hand. You MUST carefully wrap said cat in a towel and trim it's claws before any waxing can commence. I found this out the hard way, now all my cats have trimmed claws for re-waxing as needed.

Rusty

Cat waxing huh?

That must be from the fabled lost chapter of Hoke's book.

I wish that I would have known about this years ago. I've probably thrown away millions of dollars in purple gold!

Glondor - couple of questions

1. Should the aluminum pipe be plugged into a 110 or 220v socket?
2. If I dont have a turkey feather will a feather from a Dodo work just as well?
3. Would turtle wax work or should I use a body wax on the cat? <Here kitty kitty>
4. Have you tried playing opera to the "teenager gold" and if so what effect did it have on it? I've had some good experiences playing Heavy Metal, created a mosh pit of sorts but my carpet came out black and blue not purple.

Oh and I Tweeted your ebay store on my Facebook. Hope you dont mind.

Scott

Latest posts

Back