Roto Professional Drain opener Sulphuric Acid 97%

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awbrew

Ha Guys I came across a video on where to possible buy good quality Sulphric Acid at home depot. It marketed as Roto Professional Drain Opener. Again its a Home Scientist Video on youtube. I think he said some where aroung 97% at 8 dollars a quart. He says he started looking because Sulphuric battery acid at the parts store has sky rocketed.

I'm not trying to junk up the board. Just thought this may be of some help to someone out there...

thats $32 a gallon. try your local farmers co-op for Liquid Fire brand drain opener. its a tad over $25 here for a 1 gallon jug. also, try Oreilly's auto parts for a 5 gallon container of battery electrolyte. this has to be evaporated to roughly 1/4 its volume, but at $18 for 5 gallons, it may be worth the effort if you are confident enough to work with hot sulfuric. it yields 1 and a quarter gallons of concentrated sulfuric acid.

Hi Geo, Thanks for the reply. I think your probably the first person that ever help me on this board. Did you mean that the acid at O'Rillies is condensed down to 1 1/4 and yields 5 gallons? In the Home scientist Video what he was buying was only 35 percent maybe, from the autoparts store. I just looked at the Vid again and its back in 2010 so I not sure that it applies now...

its 30% when bought. you have to evaporate the excess water out of solution. the yield from the 5 gallon container should be 1 gallon and 1 quart of concentrated sulfuric acid that can be used in the reverse electroplating cell or for making nitric acid. too, its a useful chemical to have on hand in its diluted form for other things. its great for dissolving borax flux off of your gold beads and buttons. also, a few drops in your AR solution will precipitate lead from solution as lead sulfate.

Latest posts

Back