Salt Electrolysis

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm working on trinity's set-up with lower power supply. i think it is safe as long as you are "outside" and not inside or enclosed space. Stripping gold plated pins with less power requires more time.

I'm working on trinity's set-up with lower power supply. i think it is safe as long as you are "outside" and not inside or enclosed space. Stripping gold plated pins with less power requires more time.
What is you going to use this for?
Silver?
And which set up, Trinity has many videos, most if not all, will not be recommended by this forum.

Are you in the NCR area?

What is you going to use this for?
Silver?
And which set up, Trinity has many videos, most if not all, will not be recommended by this forum.

Are you in the NCR area?
It was about salt electrolysis. I've done my first samples. The procedure is working and can strip the gold plated pins. However, the danger of chlorine gas is there so better do it outside. I live in the province not ncr.

Results:
Yellow to orange precipitate (i don't know what it is!) which is dissolving on hcl (orange > white > gone)

Black powder (supposed to be gold) but then i have low sample size so it is completely miscible!

Hope this helps.. I'm learning from this forum so i wanna share my results.

It was about salt electrolysis. I've done my first samples. The procedure is working and can strip the gold plated pins. However, the danger of chlorine gas is there so better do it outside. I live in the province not ncr.

Results:
Yellow to orange precipitate (i don't know what it is!) which is dissolving on hcl (orange > white > gone)

Black powder (supposed to be gold) but then i have low sample size so it is completely miscible!

Hope this helps.. I'm learning from this forum so i wanna share my results.
I have not seen Trinity videos after the two first, he never replied to the posts where he was asked to make security corrections.
Actually he never replied to anything, he just came in and posted his video and that was it.
So if you can describe how the setup is so we can get a clearer picture.
Have you tested with Stannous?

At the same time, have you read C.M Hokes book , the safety section and dealing with waste in the forum?
The book is free here: Screen Readable Copy of Hoke's Book

Back