School Project

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys! I need help with my project. I need to do a detailed process flow diagram of an industrial gold refinery. A detailed waste characteristic diagram for each of the steps. A detailed chart that summarizes opportunities to reduce waste within the industry. I am obviously not asking anyone to actually do my project but im just looking for some really good links and resources. I have been searching quite a bit and have been going to library and stuff but just can't seem to find anything on industrial processes just they use the wohwill electrolytic process. Thanks guys! I have read hoke but everything seems to be all over the place for what I'm doing.

You probably need to wander over to YouTube and watch a dozen or so videos over there to get a familiarity with how gold mining is done. This is a pretty complicated field of study if you are talking about ore to ingot.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=mining+flow+diagram&oq=mining+flow+diagram&gs_l=img.12...2673.6751.0.9030.8.8.0.0.0.0.334.610.0j2j0j1.3.0...0.0...1c.1.4.img.hFQ7nrhXgBk&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.42965579,d.cGE&biw=1024&bih=594&ech=1&psi=cTYsUZWVN6eaiAK__4GgCQ.1361852071229.3&emsg=NCSR&noj=1&ei=cTYsUZWVN6eaiAK__4GgCQ

Try going to one of the major Mining Co. and ask them about their Processing Flow Sheets. Someone in Public Relations should have time to answer ?'s.

I think your address is EPA

Answer gold riddle No. 2 on
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Gold-electronic-enigma/162208933810735

roastbeast3000,

Are you searching how mining company's deal with waste, the hobbyist, or the professional refinery, there may be some similarity in these treatments, as well as your local drinking water treatment plants, and then there can also be different steps or methods used.

To learn how I treat my waste you can read the safety section and dealing with waste, of course I am a small time hobbyist, the larger company although treat theirs similar, they may use other equipment and slightly different processes.

You state in your profile you are an environmental technician, and you state you are doing a school project on recovery or treatment of waste, but then you mention only one gold refining process that not many would use,You said you read Hokes book which was written a very long time ago, it does not sound like you have a basic understanding of chemistry, or the treatment of waste, or of recovery and refining of metals, which one would need to understand how the processes work, these are questions that would be hard to answer, you question was too general, too wide of an area to give you a direct answer.

Tell us who you are and what you are looking for in particular in your School project, and maybe we can help you better. as we have several processes to treat waste depending on what they are, some may be dealt with in different ways, I do not know we can give you a flow sheet of all of the different methods used, but we can give you some tips and places to study some of the methods we use to treat waste, or turn them into useful byproducts.

I cannot tell you how the large company treat theirs, but I can tell you how I treat mine or reuse many of them.

Latest posts

Back