SDRAM chips and other memory chips like those

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some nice gold wires in the top (plastic) on the left.
Where the silica chip is.
They used gold wire to connect the chip to the leads, and cast the (plastic) over it.
The gold wire is in the (plastic)
What is the ( black plastic) doe any body know?
I think it’s called epoxy or something.

It would be nice to find something that dissolves the (plastic) and leave only the gold wires.

If they are gold, I would guess that the value of the bonding wires on that part would range from $0.06 - $0.20, depending on the length and diameter.

Incineration would liberate the wires.

THESE NUMBERS ARE WRONG. SEE MY CORRECTION BELOW!!

I would say per unit. There are 64 leads. If each of the bonding wires are 1/8" long, there is a total of 8" of wire. If 1/4" long, there is 16" total length.

Most gold bonding wire is either 0.001" or 0.0007" diameter. If .001", 1 troy oz will be 1 mile long = 63,360". If .0007", 1 tr.oz. = 2 miles = 126,720".

Therefore, @ a $950 gold market, using 8" of .0007" wire, the calculation is
(8/126,720) x 950 = $0.06

CORRECTION: I made an error. There seems to be 32 leads. Cut my numbers in half = about $.03 to $.12 each. Sorry. My math is OK but I never learned to count.

CORRECTION #2 I really screwed up on this thread. 1 tr oz of .001" 99999 gold wire would be 2 miles long instead of 1 mile. One tr oz of .0007" wire would be 4 miles long. This would reduce the bonding wire value of one of these parts to between $.015 and $.06. Of course, there are often other gold values in these parts besides the bonding wires.

Wow! That’s not too bad, if you have a lot pc boards full of ic’s and flat packs.
Like you said incineration would be the way to go.
:p

The only boards that I have found the ROCKWELL chips both encased and surface mount have been internet connect cards , W/ phone line connection's .
mark sorry about the blurry pic.

Anyone ever think of using a garden shredder for flat packs just sling them in the top put a plastic bag over the outlet and turn on the juice

golddigger2 said:
Anyone ever think of using a garden shredder for flat packs just sling them in the top put a plastic bag over the outlet and turn on the juice
Blink!
Blink!

Could it be you have overlooked the fact that the ultimate goal is to reclaim the values, not one of losing them? I don't see your suggestion as a viable solution, but I do see it as a way to destroy the garden shredder.

I'd be hard pressed to endorse the idea, although, perhaps, you can enlighten me so I can understand your logic. Perhaps I'm missing something.

Harold

Trust me when i say.... "it don't work", what you will end up with is alot of chipped chips and one messed up shredder, end of story :lol:

Deano

I was overtaken by curiosity after reading this thread, so I emailed Keene Engineering and asked them
if they thought their 400mph crusher would do the job on flatpacks.

Mark Keene replied the next day: "If you can smash a chip with a hammer and it shatters the RC1 should work fine. The chips have to be somewhat brittle in order for the RC1 to work."

I then sent him dimensions of the various sizes of flatpacks, and his reply was:
"It sounds like it might work. If you can send me a few samples I might be able to test one."

So, the question of whether the Keene RC-1 400mph smasher will work on flatpack i.c. chips can
be answered------------------I'm still putting together my first kilo of quads----------does anybody have
a bunch sitting around, that could send a pound to Keene for testing?

If not, I'll send Keene what I've gathered so far, and post the results.

Cheers,

Mike

Latest posts

Back