Selectively precipitate Ag, Cu, Ni, Zn, ...

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For industrial plating, I agree. I am talking about electrorefining. Forming an acetate could be as simple as adjusting PH to neutral and dropping all of the salt as oxides. Rinse and dissolve the salt in acetic acid. This creates an acetate of what ever metal salt was there. Using the electromotive series can get some metal out without too much overlap.

We had a valued member , Irons , who had a saying he loved to use
‘ everything but the oink’
You are now trying to get that oink, if your business needs that oink you really are not operating properly and could spend more time and effort than you will ever recover chasing it, if you can find someone to take your waste and pay on it that’s great, any more effort or time and it will cost you more than you will receive for that waste, if you produce huge volumes then perhaps a deal is possible but the profit loss line might be very very fine :oops:

For industrial plating, I agree. I am talking about electrorefining. Forming an acetate could be as simple as adjusting PH to neutral and dropping all of the salt as oxides. Rinse and dissolve the salt in acetic acid. This creates an acetate of what ever metal salt was there. Using the electromotive series can get some metal out without too much overlap.
Sorry, I misrepresented my point. “Best method” for anything should have the least number of steps (opportunities for error or worse) from the input to the (most valuable) output. Anhydrous Acetate is difficult, Aqueous Acetate is unfinished, and it’s not a valuable end product in any quantity. Chloride is “better,” but still requires pH swinging or oxidation from it’s input state to achieve. Sulphate is a single step from Nitrate and is high value as a Sulfamate ingredient in bulk.

Latest posts

Back